The Worst Content Marketing Is What Everybody Else Is Doing: How to Get Ahead and Stay ThereContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the PlatformRise of Social Media in Ecommerce [INFOGRAPHIC]How eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
10 Undeniable Facts that Tie the Online World with People
Posted on February 21st 2012
The consolidation of this digitally people-based environment has caused that human media brings closer the human component to the online, technologies, digital world and the social Web. Day after day, the relationship between people and the Internet is stronger and cohesive.
Here you’ll find 10 undeniable facts that show the emergence of such ties:
10 Facts that Bridge the Online with People
1. Internet and the Web will always be there. Love it or hate it, but at some point someone will talk about you, whether you are there or not. Hint: better be there.
2. You will learn every day. You are enrolled to the largest university in the world, the Internet, and hey, it’s free!
3. As human being you do not usually make mistakes, you only fail sometimes.Developing your knowledge about the Social Web is a process of trying, doing, experimenting launching and thus, experiencing failure. The damn “failed” thing it’s part of making something happen, just as the the experiments that may “work.”
4. Failures are repeated until you will learn them. The strategy or actions to be performed will be presented in various ways in different contexts, until you have learned to cope with different settings and also broaden your expertise in different situations. Then you can move to the next phase.
5. You’ll never stop learning. In a new environment where everything sill remains to be defined and is completely open to everything, there won’t be a single day that you don’t lear anything. If you belong to this human and technological era, where you truly are, you have a lot to lear yet.
6. There is no better placer to make a difference and make something happen.However, what has brought here, does not have to take us there, what works today, won’t do it tomorrow. When you get “there”, we will be here and there will be another “there” to be reached. This never ends, funny though.
7. People want to be connected and emotionally moved. Like you, simple, but significant and real.
8. You have all the platforms, tools and resources that you need to do something really fascinating. Now, it just depends on your attitude and the desire to step forward. It’s about taking risks and launch something that add value to the world and the people that live in.
9. Despite what most of the market and professionals say, the answer is within you.The real challenge, it’s not competing against any business or person, but against yourself. In order to connect and create resonance through the social Web using human business interactions, first you must to connect with yourself.
10. There’s no need that you follow this steps – which are not steps. If the rules are the only thing that separate you from making a difference, you don’t need these rules. Create your own game, a game where you and the people around you win.
There’s no human interactions and relations without the human factor, nor does social exists, without social there’s no interactivity, without interactivity the Social Web makes no sense at all.
Photo credit: Dezeen.