- Content Marketing
When Your Customers Become Your Contributors: Brand Journalism Meets TraditionalGoogle Is Changing the Close Variant Matching Option in AdWordsBefore You Invest in Online Advertising, Do This!Native Advertising: The New New Thing or a Race to the Bottom? [VIDEO]
Technology & Data
Data and Creativity at the Social Shake Up: Defining Your Data-Driven Social CampaignTalking Strategy and Data with Shannon Lee of Precision StrategiesNew IBM Study Reveals 3 Key Characteristics of the Most Successful CompaniesMinority Report: Confronting Privacy Issues in Big Data Gathering
- Tech & Innovation
- marketing automation
Social Startups: Moment.me Captures a 360-Degree View of The Social Shake-Up 2014Hootsuite Partners With Syracuse University to Bring Social Media Savvy to College StudentsThe Best Hyperlapse VideosThe Best Content Moderation Tools for Busy People Who Don't Have Time for That
Social Change Agent Survey: Passion, Skill Set, and Persistence Lead to Career Growth#SocBizShakeUp: Sandy Carter at The Social Shake-UpThe Social Shake-Up: How CMOs Drive Innovation and Revenue GrowthThe Social Shake-Up: The Future of Social Business
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Recap from the First-Ever Employee Advocacy SummitFormer IBM Senior Advisors Launch Brands Rising to Build Employee Advocacy ProgramsPerformance and Risk Management Through Social Media TrainingEmployee Advocacy Summit: Advocate Stories from the Field
- Customer Service
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
15 Killer Questions to Spark Your Content Creation
Posted on July 27th 2013
Content strategy is at the heart of new SEO, but creating content isn’t always easy and getting started at all can often be even harder.
For consumer focused businesses, in particular retailers, creating new relevant content is comparatively easy. For others, for instance, B2B companies who may not have particularly exciting or interesting products, services or processes to write about, this can be more challenging. So just how do you go about creating new content?
“Don’t create content for the sake of having content. Make sure that you have something interesting, insightful or useful to say”
Whether you are just starting out and writing your first blog article or if you’re a seasoned content creator and you’re just stuck for inspiration, it often helps to go back to basics. By considering the following list of questions you should be able to find a new subject to write about or at the very least, you’ll find a new angle to approach it from.
“Create content your readers will want to talk about and share”
Keep in mind the fact that your content needs to attract and engage your readers. Search engines love content that is being talked about and shared, so keep the SEO benefits in mind as you plan your content and don’t forget to make it super easy for people to share your content by including social share/bookmarking tools.
15 Killer Questions to Spark your Content Creation
- What specific needs do my customers have?
- What are the common pain points of my customers?
- How do we add value or provide benefits to our customers?
- What service or product examples could be effectively highlighted with case studies?
- What is new (products, services, research, theory) in the industry?
- Why do customers like using us or what keeps them coming back?
- How are we different and what makes us stand out from our competitors?
- What company information, news or behind the scenes tidbits will people find interesting?
- How can we effectively create a connection with potential customers?
- How can we maintain and strengthen relationships with our existing customers?
- What common questions do customers ask us?
- How can I promote my content once it is published?
- Is it possible to make the content evergreen, so that in a years time it will still be of value?
- How can we help our customers complete desirable goals?
- How can we effectively communicate our brand values?