Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
3 Reasons Your Business Should Be Using Video
Posted on January 31st 2013
Your website visitors won’t wait. They take a micro-second to decide to stay or leave your website, even after all the money and hard work you just spent getting them there. One of the best ways to keep them there is by adding online video to your home page. Adding online web video will increase time spent on site, decrease bounce rates and drive more page views - three key ranking metrics to getting better search engine results.
Studies indicate conversion rates from 6-52% depending on the type of sales and part of the sales cycle (ecommerce, lead conversion, lead nurturing, deeper into the funnel).
- Website video marketing content elicits action thus has a strong impact in generating qualified leads
- Online video builds trust and confidence during your pre-sales process and sales prociess
- Online video plays an important role throughout the purchase funnel - from initial interest to consideration through to final purchase
However, if you’re not yet convinced that an investment in online video will support your revenue targets and marketing goals, here are three reasons that may start changing your mind:
- Simply put, your customers love online video because it helps them get educated on your product and service offerings and is easier to consume than text. So give your customers what they want. If presented with video on your website vs. the text option, wouldn’t you rather watch a business to business video that gives you the information you need, or would you rather be forced to read and figure things out for yourself? Today’s savvy consumers want, and expect, highly engaging and meaningful interactions with companies, products and services. Not only do website promo videos give more information to prospective customers, but they are much more entertaining and engaging.
- Evergreen video marketing content can be amortized over 4+ years. From a return on marketing investment perspective, there is nothing better than online video. Most business online videos are focused on telling stories about a businesses' products, services, people and processes that will be relevant for many years. Video testimonials and case studies can last even longer - as these are real life examples and testimonies of a company’s accomplishments that will never go away. Take your initial investment in your business to business online promotional video production and divide it by 4 years. This significantly brings down the investment and increases the return on investment of online video.
- The value of your business video production can repurposed across almost every aspect of your marketing and sales cycle:
- Post your video to all your social media channels like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube.
- Increase click thru rates on your email campaigns by adding it to your email marketing campaigns.
- Drive website metrics with adding a video to every page of your website. Each video is an opportunity to write a separate blog post.
- Increase engagement in traditional offline advertisements by including video (via QR code) to your offline advertising
- Give links to your sales team so they are sending engaging video in their day to day sales communications to new prospects and potential customers instead of those pieces of paper they send out now.
You’ve spent the time getting professional online video production content, now watch it grow in value as it is watched, shared and commented. Your web video production services company should be able to give you some other ideas on how to get the most out of any web promotional video investment.
Hands down, video can work for you to grow your business because video is the best way to captivate, engage and persuade customers, thus increasing lead conversions of casual browsers into paying customers.