Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
33 Compelling Statistics That Will Power Your Marketing Strategy
Posted on March 26th 2014
Can you ever have too much of a good thing? Not when it comes to facts that could shape your marketing strategy. A second edition of our previous fact post, here are 33 more riveting stats that could impact your strategies.
- Pinterest drives twice the website referral traffic of LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter combined. Tweet this!
- There is a 50% crossover between Instagram and Twitter. Tweet this!
- Women are 4 times more likely to be Pinterest-ers when compared to men. Tell everyone this!
- An average of 55 million photos are shared on Instagram per day. Tweet this!
- Pinterest outperforms Twitter and LinkedIn in the time spent on each network. Tweet this!
- A third of consumers say social platforms are the way they discover new products and brands. Tweet this!
- National Geographic is the most followed business account on Instagram. Follow them!
- There are more than 20 million fake Twitter users on the platform. Prove you’re not a phony! Tweet this!
- Half of all clicks on mobile banner ads are on accident. Tweet this!
- Facebook posts with less than 250 characters get 60% more engagement. This has less than 250! Tweet me!
- Videos on landing pages increase conversions by 86%. Tweet this!
- 7% of Americans have never heard of Facebook. Do you wish you were one of those people? Tweet this!
- Tweets with 1-2 hashtags get 21% higher average engagement. Tweet this!
- Tweets with more than 3 hashtags get 17% less engagement. Tweet, tweet!
- Inbound marketing delivers 54% more leads when compared to traditional outbound marketing. Tweet this!
- Three of the five most retweeted Vines ever are by videos made by musicians. Tweet this!
- YouTube reaches more U.S. adults 18-24 years old than any cable network. Tweet this!
- 74% of brand marketers saw an increase in web traffic after committing to 6 hours on social media a week. What about 6 hours a day? Tweet this!
- Almost half of all Pinterest activity is on a tablet. Tweet this!
- 40% of small business say social media is amplifying word of mouth referrals. Tweet this!
- 49% of consumers use Facebook to search for restaurants. We’re hungry!
- Facebook surpasses search results and blog posts for influence of baby product purchases. Tweet this!
- 44% of women say their favorite blogger influences their purchase decisions. Who’s your favorite?
- 60% of all social media traffic to business to business websites come from Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Tweet this!
- 33% of traffic from Google click the very first item listed. Are you #1?
- Women are more likely to find holiday food and recipe inspiration from bloggers than Pinterest, magazines, or family and friends. Tweet this!
- $515 is the average amount US households spend on gifts, but 70% say they would go over budget for an online deal. Pricey!
- 78% of CMO’s think custom content is the future of marketing. Tweet this!
- DIY, tutorials and recipes get a 42% higher click through rate than any other pin types. Tweet this!
- 34% of tech companies have reduced their traditional advertising budget to fund digital marketing activities. Tweet, tweet!
- A call to action pin description gets 80% more engagement. Tweet this!
- 57% of marketers have obtained a customer through their blog. Tweet this!
- Twitter has the highest influence of electronic purchases than Facebook, online advertising, and search results. You know what to do!
Have you changed your marketing strategy yet?
What would you add to this list? Comment below or tweet me --> @i_alexandrarose