Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
5 Reasons Your Landing Page Is Not Converting Leads
Posted on May 16th 2014
Landing pages are a key aspect to any inbound marketing strategy. If you have landing pages on your site, but aren’t seeing any leads or conversions, you are doing something wrong.
Top 5 Reasons You Are Not Generating Leads From Your Landing Pages:
- People don’t know about it. When designing a landing page you need to first plan where it should be placed on your site. Ideally your site will already have been populated with pages and posts that correlate with the goal of the landing page. However, you cannot stop there. You need to also link-build with other industry related sites to place the landing page (or posts leading to it) on them. If you are creating these pages, but not placing and promoting them correctly, forget about producing qualified leads!
- It isn’t personalized or specific to the needs of the visitor. So often, people create generalized landing pages…because it is easy to do. Each landing page you create should contain pertinent information for the EXACT service or product your visitors are looking for. If your call to actions take your visitors to the same generic “contact us page”, you will see a higher bounce rate. Studies have shown that the correlation of a relevant call to action and subject-specific landing page increase conversions by more than 40%.
- The landing page is flooded with too many other links. The goal of a landing page is to have the visitor FILL OUT THE FORM. If your landing page has a navigation bar on it, a side bar or even a footer with links to other pages or services, you are going to lose your visitors. Give web visitors very little choices of what to do next when they land on your page. According to this Hubspot conversion A/B test, companies saw a 336% percent increase in conversions after removing the navigation bar.
- The form is too long. People today have very little patience when it comes just about anything. If your form is too intrusive or long, people will “drop out” mid-form. Try to keep your form down to 3-4 fields at the most! Some of the most successful landing pages only ask for emails and only after going through a lead nurturing campaign will gather further information.
- It isn’t mobile friendly. With more than 60% of viewers coming from smart phones or devices, your landing page NEEDS to have a “Responsive Theme”. That includes the form showing up first and foremost. To test how your site appears on smart devices, check out these websites: iPhone: http://www.testiphone.com/ iPad: http://ipadpeek.com/