- Content Marketing
When Your Customers Become Your Contributors: Brand Journalism Meets TraditionalGoogle Is Changing the Close Variant Matching Option in AdWordsBefore You Invest in Online Advertising, Do This!Native Advertising: The New New Thing or a Race to the Bottom? [VIDEO]
Technology & Data
Data and Creativity at the Social Shake Up: Defining Your Data-Driven Social CampaignTalking Strategy and Data with Shannon Lee of Precision StrategiesNew IBM Study Reveals 3 Key Characteristics of the Most Successful CompaniesMinority Report: Confronting Privacy Issues in Big Data Gathering
- Tech & Innovation
- marketing automation
Social Startups: Moment.me Captures a 360-Degree View of The Social Shake-Up 2014Hootsuite Partners With Syracuse University to Bring Social Media Savvy to College StudentsThe Best Hyperlapse VideosThe Best Content Moderation Tools for Busy People Who Don't Have Time for That
Social Change Agent Survey: Passion, Skill Set, and Persistence Lead to Career GrowthThe Social Shake-Up Attracts Wide Breadth of Brands and IndustriesThe Social Shake-Up: How CMOs Drive Innovation and Revenue GrowthThe Social Shake-Up: The Future of Social Business
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Recap from the First-Ever Employee Advocacy SummitFormer IBM Senior Advisors Launch Brands Rising to Build Employee Advocacy ProgramsPerformance and Risk Management Through Social Media TrainingEmployee Advocacy Summit: Advocate Stories from the Field
- Customer Service
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
50 Most Influential Content Marketers [SLIDESHARE]
Posted on August 20th 2013
I am a huge fan of Newscred and what they bring to the market place for content and brand marketers. I highly recommend reading this white paper they put together earlier this year, “Brands as Publishers.” A few weeks ago, they released a list of the 50 Most Influential Content Marketers and I’m really glad that I made the cut. Not sure I deserve it but I’ll take what I can get.
Here is Newscred’s methodology for determining their list:
The methodology behind our list was strategic. Content strategists at NewsCred and SJR spent two weeks researching the most respected content marketing campaigns on the web – culling through best practices and case studies from publications including AdAge, Digiday, Adweek, and the New York Times. We looked at the speaker lists from the top content marketing conferences and asked our own clients who, in the content marketing world, inspired them. After identifying inspirational brands, we evaluated them based on the volume and quality of content used, the digital experience including design and UX, social presence, scope, and distribution method and the novelty and creativity of their strategy.
Here is the full list. Thought about linking to their Twitter accounts, but yeah .. too many.
- Rafat Ali- Founder, Skift
- Lauri Baker- Sales Director, Branded Content, The Huffington Post
- Nick Denton- Founder, Gawker
- Lewis Dvorkin- Chief Product Officer, Forbes Media
- Ben Lerer- Founder, Thrillist
- Jonah Peretti- Founder, BuzzFeed
- Adam Solomon- VP, Digital Ad Products and Revenue Operations, Time Inc.
- Philippe Von Borries- CEO and Co-Founder, Refinery29
- Neil Bedwell- Global Group Director, Digital Strategy and Content, Coca-Cola
- Mary Renner Beech- CMO, Kate Spade
- Linda Boff- Executive Director, Global Brand Marketing, GE
- Michael Brenner- VP, Marketing and Content Strategy, SAP
- Ronda Carnegie- Head of Global Partnerships, TED
- Christa Carone- CMO, Xerox
- Paul Chibe- CMO, Anheuser Busch InBev
- Justin Cooke- CMO, Topshop
- Jordan Corredera- VP, Digital, Carnival Cruise Lines
- Katrina Craigwell- Digital Marketing Manager, GE
- Rishi Dave- Executive Director, Online Marketing, Dell
- Chris Erb- former VP of Brand Marketing, EA SPORTS
- Ron Faris- CMO, Virgin Mobile
- Jim Farley- CMO, Ford
- Julie Fleischer- Director, Media & Consumer Engagement, Kraft
- Oriana Freidenberg- Director, Integrated Digital Marketing, The Hartford
- Joe Gebbia- Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, Airbnb
- Eric Hausman- Senior Group Manager, PR and Social, Target
- Jason John- Senior Director, Online, Mobile and Social Marketing, Gilt Groupe
- Rich Lesperance- Head of Digital Marketing and Emerging Media, Walgreens
- Vadan Less- Senior Director, Video Distribution, Whole Foods Market
- Brad Rencher- SVP and General Manager, Digital Marketing, Adobe
- Bryan Rhoads- Global Content Lead, Intel
- Scott Roen- VP, Digital Marketing and Innovation, American Express
- Ted Sarandos- Chief Content Officer, Netflix
- Shiv Singh- Director, Digital Media, Pepsi
- Nate Warner- Director, Digital Marketing, Red Bull North America
- Farryn Weiner- Global Director, Digital and Social Communications, Michael Kors
- Jon Williams- Global Head, Agency Relationships, LinkedIn
- Matthew Woolsey- SVP of Digital, Barneys NY
- Sarah Amos- Chief Creative Officer, Freshwire
- Jonah Bloom- CSO and Co-Founder of kbs+ Content Labs, Kirschenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners
- Daniel Bonner- Global Chief Creative Officer, Razorfish
- Ethan Bauley- SVP, Digital Communications, Weber Shandwick
- Michael Brito- SVP, Social Business Strategy, Edelman (me! yay!)
- Adrianna Giuliani- SVP, Creative and Strategic Planning, DeVries
- Jill Griffin- SVP, Branded Content and Storytelling, Starcom Media Vest Group/ LiquidThread
- Alexander Jutkowitz- Managing Partner, Group SJR
- John McCarus- SVP, Practice Lead, Brand Content, Digitas
- Benjamin Palmer- CEO, The Barbarian Group
- Joe Pulizzi- Founder, Content Marketing Institute
- Doug Scott- Founder and President, OgilvyEntertainment