Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
6 Social Media Things to Do Before Breakfast
Posted on January 27th 2014
When you get involved in social media, you quickly learn that it requires regularity and discipline. Creating a daily routine is of course one of the best ways to approach this. Over time I have put together a 30-minute routine.
Here are the things I do before breakfast:
- Delete uninteresting/unwanted emails.
- Mark emails to be treated during the workday.
- Answer urgent emails.
- Check emails from LinkedIn groups for good content and mark for later reading.
- Review Google Alerts and mark interesting items with GetPocket.
- Social media monitoring
- Review social media monitoring dashboard and react appropriately.
- Go to Hootsuite and review monitoring columns and react appropriately.
- People Who viewed your profile is a perfect opportunity to start a conversation or even get connected (selectively).
- Contacts show people that have a New job, Birthday or Work Anniversary. This again is a great opportunity to start a conversation.
- Review LinkedIn Inbox for messages and connection requests.
- Check tweets that mention me and act appropriately
- Check new followers out
- Check who unfollowed me and decide on course of action (recapture or accept)
- Quickly review the recent Tweet stream
- Facebook & Google+
- Check personal and company timelines for posts from friends and fans
- Wish friends a Happy Birthday
- Check messages and take action if needed
- Content sharing
- Share my quote of the day or content from others across a number of platforms
- Contribute and share content through my Tumblr blog on Social Media tools
Having created this routine, I am able to start my day informed, organized and inspired. Since I have created this morning, I have also developed a similar approach for the evening routine. The evening routine focuses more on content generation but I will discuss this in another blog post.
Do you have a similar routine? Why not share it through the comments below. Or do you want details about any of the steps mentioned in my routine, send me a mail (email@example.com)