- Content Marketing
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
7 Social Selling Strategies for Getting a Prospect's Attention
Posted on March 2nd 2014
I recently read an article by Trish Betruzzi, inside sales consultant of The Bridge Group, Inc. The title of her blog is “I Hate the Double Tap in Sales“. What she’s referring to is the strategy of calling and leaving a voice message with a prospect, and immediately following up with an email. The general result, she feels, is not positive, particularly when the message left is not a compelling one.
However, one of the alternatives Trish provides to the ‘double tap’ is using social. Since I’m a big advocate for integrating social media into the sales process, I’d like to share 7 social alternatives to tapping your prospects that don’t include email or phone.
7 Social Selling Strategies for Getting a Prospect’s Attention
1. Retweet, mention or reply to your prospect on Twitter.
2. Comment on an interesting article you find on your prospect’s LinkedIn Company Page, and share it with your prospect via LinkedIn and include a personalized response.
3. Use LinkedIn to find a mutual connection to your prospect. Explain to them that you’re trying to get through to this mutual connection and ask them to send your most recent blog article with a big recommendation about how great you are.
4. Create and send a self-made video using VSnap (when appropriate) – make it short, funny and personal.
5. Send them a link to a Postwire page you put together showing a collection of relevant multi-media about your product or service.
6. Share highly relevant content or comment intelligently in a LinkedIn Group where your prospect spends time.
7. Send your prospect a highly relevant article or a link to your latest blog via LinkedIn Message or InMail. (Use the LinkedIn Bookmarklet and it couldn’t be easier.)
Photo Credit: Social Selling Strategies/shutterstock