Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
8 Instagram Marketing Tips
Posted on August 21st 2013
When it comes to social media, most business owners tend to have a fairly firm grasp on how to handle Facebook and Twitter, but Instagram still appears to challenge many small businesses. With Instagram gaining one new user every second it is no doubt that it can be advantageous for your business to be on this social networking platform. Here are 8 things you should do to effectively promote your brand on Instagram:
1. Complete your profile: This is the best place to leave a first impression – the place to showcase who you are and what you do. Make sure you fill in all the sections on your profile. Also, leave a link to your facebook page, twitter page or website. Your prospects want to check out your various profiles to find out more about your services/products . Don’t give them a dead end. It may lead to more followers on your other platforms too.
2. Find your customers: Search for people already talking about your business or your field. Find people in your city (#NewYork) or people that share your interest (#shoes). These are your potential customers. Find them, follow them and engage with them.
3. Be engaging: Tag others, talk to others, check in to other businesses, use your location. Adding layers to your posts gives people a better feel for who you are and spreads a little Instagram love!
4. Be consistent but not spammy: post frequently, but do not bombard your followers with thousands of pictures! Consistency keeps your followers engaged. Depending on the type of business you run, 2-3 posts a day is a good limit! If you have quality material, share it…just spread it out!
5. Show off your products: Everyone loves to browse products, so let your followers do some window-shopping! Show off a collection of the products you offer, share a photo of a new or lesser-known product or zoom in on a product and engage your Instagram followers by asking them to guess what it is.
6. Introduce your employees: Humanize your brand by using Instagram to introduce your fans to the people who make your company what it is. It’s a great way to show your brand personality.
7. Take them with you: Going to a trade-show or sponsoring an event? Use that as an opportunity to take your Instagram followers with you wherever you’re going.
8. Be unique: Be fun and show off your personality ! Document YOUR work, show off YOUR quirky moments, and tell YOUR filter-filled story.
Have any tips that have worked well for you? Why not share them?!