Mar 4 Posted 1 year ago
I'm happy that Ellen did what she did with the epic selfie that broke Twitter. No matter how deep you want to analyze what happen, why and how; it was still epic and it was fair game to defeat Obama's record. I also loved that she ordered pizzas from a real local pizza restaurant and passed out slices during the most awkward time to eat pizza. I think Ellen and the Oscars gave a bump of support to the digital marketing arena and I'm grateful for it. Points I think that can be taken away from this are;
- As a business, don't be caught without a Twitter account or any of the major social networks (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn and or Pinterest etc...) Just imagine if @BigMamasNPapas didn't actually have a Twitter account.
- As an online marketer, always be prepared to cover events that can boost your sphere of influence online.
- Have access to a popular blog to be able to quickly publish content about the event being covered. Danny's great example! (Google gives authority to those who publish content sonner than everyome else)
- Don't be jealous of other people viral content.
- Make yourself availbable to be part of something going viral or an epic moment.
I hope Ellen started a couple of new trends that inspire others to think outside the box and capitalize moments to be part of something epic.
My forecast of upcoming epic selfies:
- Sporting event selfies; NBA Campionship, NHL Stanley Cup, etc...
- Political selfies; Whitehouse selfies, Congress selfies, Campaign selfies, etc...
- Internet Marketing selfies; Matt Cutts at conferences, other conferences, etc...
- Sitcom selfies; Big Bang Theory selfie, The Voice selfie, Two and Half Men selfie, etc...
- Music industry selfies; Grammy selfie, CMA selfie, etc...
November 24, 2015An exclusive, live webinar on November 24th at 12pm ET/9am PT Description coming soon.
November 17, 2015An exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today on Tuesday, November 17th at 12pm ET/9am PT. Description coming soon.
September 02, 2015Word-of-mouth marketing has always been a powerful driver of consumer behavior. Every experienced marketer knows that customers are mo...
August 31, 2015According to a recent survey carried out by Zendesk, customer service is the most important factor when it comes to how much people trust...