Mar 4 Posted 1 year ago
I'm happy that Ellen did what she did with the epic selfie that broke Twitter. No matter how deep you want to analyze what happen, why and how; it was still epic and it was fair game to defeat Obama's record. I also loved that she ordered pizzas from a real local pizza restaurant and passed out slices during the most awkward time to eat pizza. I think Ellen and the Oscars gave a bump of support to the digital marketing arena and I'm grateful for it. Points I think that can be taken away from this are;
- As a business, don't be caught without a Twitter account or any of the major social networks (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn and or Pinterest etc...) Just imagine if @BigMamasNPapas didn't actually have a Twitter account.
- As an online marketer, always be prepared to cover events that can boost your sphere of influence online.
- Have access to a popular blog to be able to quickly publish content about the event being covered. Danny's great example! (Google gives authority to those who publish content sonner than everyome else)
- Don't be jealous of other people viral content.
- Make yourself availbable to be part of something going viral or an epic moment.
I hope Ellen started a couple of new trends that inspire others to think outside the box and capitalize moments to be part of something epic.
My forecast of upcoming epic selfies:
- Sporting event selfies; NBA Campionship, NHL Stanley Cup, etc...
- Political selfies; Whitehouse selfies, Congress selfies, Campaign selfies, etc...
- Internet Marketing selfies; Matt Cutts at conferences, other conferences, etc...
- Sitcom selfies; Big Bang Theory selfie, The Voice selfie, Two and Half Men selfie, etc...
- Music industry selfies; Grammy selfie, CMA selfie, etc...
January 12, 2016An exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today January 12th at 12pm EST / 9am PST Description coming soon.
December 15, 2015An exclusive, live webinar on December 15th at 12pm ET/9am PT Description coming soon.
September 08, 2015Find out how today’s top marketers are using social display to build brand love and grow business. Download “The Pursuit of Social Persuasi...
September 03, 2015The Social Customer Service Index 2015Measuring Use and Effectiveness of Social Media Tools for Customer Service An exclusive whitepaper bro...