Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Creating a Mobile Strategy: Reach Your Audience On the Go
Posted on November 28th 2012
Reach your audience on the go. If you haven’t created a mobile site yet your customers can only view your website probably when sitting down at their computer. What do I mean? Your website might be hard or impossible to navigate using a mobile device. Mobile browsing is about the user experience; giving your customers a good experience when visiting your site. Smartphone traffic will boost your overall sales. Become more accessible to your target audience and increase customer loyalty by being available whenever and wherever they want to access your site. Follow these steps to create a mobile strategy.
- Mobile SEO: Don’t be wordy; think short blog post headlines for your copy. Don’t merely scale down your website; use best practice concerning the user experience and scale to fit your content.
- “Smart” Website Integration: If someone looks at your normal website on their phone, they should be automatically redirected to the mobile version.
- Social Network Integration: Increase your social networking by promoting your social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and your blog. More mobile user are using their devices to access these sites.
- Click-to-Call Buttons and Links: With one click of a button it allows visitor to call or text a sales rep, customer service or even you immediately.
- Lead Capture and Contact Us Forms: Create a simple easy form for visitors to sign up for a newsletter or download a white paper. Remember your mobile site is and extension of your website; you want a quick call to action. Many mobile browsers don’t have much time to browse your site because they’re on the move. Make it clear and easy for them to do what you want….capture their information and engage them!
- Maps to your Place of Business: Make it easy for them to find your business by integrating Google maps to your location. Direct traffic right to your doorstep.
Bottom line Smartphones are outselling home computers and by now you’ve noticed everywhere you go people are always on them. Allow your costumers to connect with your services on the go by creating a mobile strategy.