Technology & Data
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Facebook's 3 Announcements Which Could Make Marketers Happy
Posted on February 29th 2012
The social media sphere, friends, followers and fans were sitting today on pins and needles - awaiting Facebook's announcements on "What will be changing? What will be new for users and business?" when using this 800 million pound (users) Gorilla as primary form to stay connected and engaged with followers.
Exactly at 1.00PM Eastern Time Zone the Keynote speakers COO Sheryl Sandberg, VP of Product Christopher Cox, Director of Global Business Marketing Mike Hoefflinger and VP Business & Marketing Partnerchips announced the following major changes and enhancements to our beloved Facebook, targeting especially marketers for the new epic "F-Commerce".
The three new marketers solutions are: 1. PAGES - The Mission Control-Center For The Business On Facebook
Facebock is quoting "Your Facebook Page is now the richest, most customizable marketing canvas ever created and connects you with people in ways that matter to them."
- with features like Cover Photo and Page Timeline it will be easier to express your business's (corporate) identity
- you can now reach and engage your audience on the web as well as mobile
- the way to respond to people will be quick and more personable
2. REACH GENERATOR - A Tool To Make Sure Your Stories Will Be Seen
Facebock is quoting "This “always on” packaged solution makes it easy for you to regularly reach and engage 75% of your fans with meaningful content from your Page. You focus on creating engaging content on your newly designed Page, while we ensure that your fans see the stories you are telling."
- the Reach Generator will be easy and simple to use
- when posting unique, relevant and great content on the business page, Facebook will automatically distribute the content to the business fans
- Facebook is guaranteeing that the majority of the fans (75%) will be reached and the business will see great results
3. PREMIUM PACKAGES - A MORE IMPACTFUL WAY TO DISTRIBUTE CONTENT ON FACEBOOK
Facebock is quoting "Be where the conversations are happening. Our latest premium package lets you engage and influence people in the most impactful places on Facebook: right-hand side homepage, news feed on desktop and mobile, and optionally on the log-out experience."
- next to connecting with fans and friends of fans you can now also target your audience
- earn the best placement for your business
- use the power of friends and featuring more appealing stories to friends of fans