Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Get Your Head Out of the Sand...It's Time to Get Your Business on Facebook!
Posted on June 19th 2011
"There's No Time Like the Present"
Many small to medium businesses seem to be dragging their feet, waiting for a better time than NOW to start engaging with an online community that is there and waiting on Facebook. The wait should truly be over. Everyday, when Facebook users, Social Media Managers, business owners and brand representatives search for their target market or a business affiliatate to link up with, time and time again they are coming up short.. This shouldn't be, and here's why!
- The numbers don't lie and measurable analytics are proof that Facebook Marketing is working! The face-to-face networking and word-of-mouth promoting that you do in real time, can be amplified online.
There are nearly 700 Million users on Facebook world wide according to reports just out this week. 152 Million of those are in the US. Talk about immense potential to market to your target market right where they are spending the most time online.. On Facebook! In a recent slide share by Hubspot it was posted that:
- 1 out of every 8 minutes online is spent on Facebook.
- 40% of Facebook users are age 35
- 93% of US Adult internet users are on Facebook
- 64% of Facebook users have become fans of at least one company or brand on Facebook
With stats like these, it's hard to ignore that the odds are in your favor that a brand new consumer is ready and waiting to Social Network with you on Facebook! When you're ready to create a fully customized Facebook Page there are some key components that you should consider:
1. Have a Mission- Know Who you are going to Market to on your Facebook Page and why- Will you be trying to drive traffic to your website, promoting your products, capture email addresses? Whatever the reason know what your Facebook Objectives are and make it your goal to stick to them.
2. Design for the Win- Work with a creative graphic designer who has experience with iFrames and research the look that is best for your industry and even search within Facebook for pages that you like, so that you can do something similar, but with your own Flair! Consider an email opt-in form and an embedded video that highlights your business. Utilize live links to your other social media profiles and to your website.
3. Create Killer Content- The key to your Facebook Success will be answering the questions that you believe your audience is asking. Curate great status updates that get your audience involved and owning the page!
4. Promote the Platform- There are all kinds of wonderful ways you can promote your custom Facebook Page once you have it up and established. You can immediately use the "Suggest to Friends" feature whereby you can import your email address book and even your LinkedIn network connections within the admin pages of Facebook. Next you can include your Facebook vanity URL on all of your marketing pieces, invoices, and within your email signature as additional points of connection. The sky is truly the limit once you start commingling your existing networks and tap into the promotional opportunities of your page!
5. Engage and Enchant Your Followers- Start your Facebook Page with the right tempo by talking in conversational tones with your audience. Ask open ended questions and don't be afraid to take every opportunity to talk like they talk and take note of the things that they are responding to within your News Feed. Continually engaging with your followers and adding value through your status updates, notes, video, photos and more will make your followers fun brand advocates that will talk about you and help make you famous online!
6. Go for the Conversion Play- If you've built your page with an email opt-in or a call to action that solicited a response other than opening the "like gate", make sure that you follow up by starting to connect with your Facebook Followers via email newsletters that convert your Likers into leads and loyal Customers! Don't rely heavily on Push Marketing techniques, as this is truly becoming a thing of the past. Direct them to your website or ecommerce blog and offer a discount or service to them for free if you're able.
7. Use Facebook Insights and other measuring tools to track your progress- Facebook analytics, called Insights, are an awesome way to track your progress. Get into the back end of your page and monitor your progress once you've reached 30 likes. You can also measure with other tools such as Hootsuite or Twenty Feet.
What do you think? Do you agree that it's time for nearly all businesses and brands to create a custom Facebook Page and jump into online marketing Awesomeness?
I would love to hear your input!~ Keri