Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Google+ for Business: Summary of Series
Posted on March 22nd 2013
It’s almost been two full years since Google+’s official launch, and many businesses are still wondering how to use it in their social media marketing plan.
This article is part of a six part series by Wishpond. We explore the business benefits of the social media platform, Google+, and how it can help your online marketing efforts.
Google+ Summary of Series
Google+ may not look like the social media network of the future right now, but there’s no denying its potential for businesses. To quickly recap the rest of the last couple of blog articles, we’ll go over the main benefits of using Google+ for Businesses.
Google+ Business Pages
- The profile page of your company, similar to a Facebook Business page.
- Make sure you add a strong cover page and tagline, as well as fill in all the required fields.
- Getting your Business page verified can have some great benefits, such as Vanity URLs.
- Allows you to separate and classify your followers into distinct “circles.”
- Information can be distributed to Circles separately, allowing different groups to see different posts.
- Business pages can only add followers to its circles if they have been added first.
- Business pages has both internal and external applications.
- Mostly resemble traditional internet message boards or forums.
- Allows you to directly communicate with your followers.
- Useful for:
- Getting feedback on new ideas.
- Finding trending topics.
- Establish homegrown experts.
- Serve as customer service hubs.
- A video conferencing platform that allows up to ten people to converse with each other.
- Can be used as a business tool through (but not limited to):
- Product demonstrations.
- Customer service.
- Information sessions.
- New technology like Symphonical and Hangouts on Air add even more business value to Google Hangouts and differentiates it from its competitors.
Google+ Search Engine Optimization
- Google automatically ranks “authentic” content higher on its search results.
- Tying your content to Google+ can significantly increase its authenticity.
- Getting a Google Authorship will increase the authenticity and search ranking of all posts you connect to your Google+ account.
- The +1 button is very important! The more your pages have been +1’d, the higher ranked they will be on the search ranking.