Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Google+ for Business: Summary of Series
Posted on March 22nd 2013
It’s almost been two full years since Google+’s official launch, and many businesses are still wondering how to use it in their social media marketing plan.
This article is part of a six part series by Wishpond. We explore the business benefits of the social media platform, Google+, and how it can help your online marketing efforts.
Google+ Summary of Series
Google+ may not look like the social media network of the future right now, but there’s no denying its potential for businesses. To quickly recap the rest of the last couple of blog articles, we’ll go over the main benefits of using Google+ for Businesses.
Google+ Business Pages
- The profile page of your company, similar to a Facebook Business page.
- Make sure you add a strong cover page and tagline, as well as fill in all the required fields.
- Getting your Business page verified can have some great benefits, such as Vanity URLs.
- Allows you to separate and classify your followers into distinct “circles.”
- Information can be distributed to Circles separately, allowing different groups to see different posts.
- Business pages can only add followers to its circles if they have been added first.
- Business pages has both internal and external applications.
- Mostly resemble traditional internet message boards or forums.
- Allows you to directly communicate with your followers.
- Useful for:
- Getting feedback on new ideas.
- Finding trending topics.
- Establish homegrown experts.
- Serve as customer service hubs.
- A video conferencing platform that allows up to ten people to converse with each other.
- Can be used as a business tool through (but not limited to):
- Product demonstrations.
- Customer service.
- Information sessions.
- New technology like Symphonical and Hangouts on Air add even more business value to Google Hangouts and differentiates it from its competitors.
Google+ Search Engine Optimization
- Google automatically ranks “authentic” content higher on its search results.
- Tying your content to Google+ can significantly increase its authenticity.
- Getting a Google Authorship will increase the authenticity and search ranking of all posts you connect to your Google+ account.
- The +1 button is very important! The more your pages have been +1’d, the higher ranked they will be on the search ranking.