Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Healthcare Social Media Week in Review: November 19, 2012
Posted on November 23rd 2012
It’s that time of the week again and we’ve got some great articles for you. In this week’s edition of Healthcare Social Media in Review we look at patient engagement, an interview with #HCSM moderator and founder Dana Lewis, and a heartfelt poem to recent Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame inductee Ed Bennett. He is this week’s Healthcare Social Media Week in Review.
- How quickly emergency services respond during a crisis situation can mean the difference between life and death. In an article written by Hinda Mitchell she suggests that the first 60 minutes are the “golden hour” when it comes to response time and gives 5 Essential Questions for the First 15 Minutes of a Crisis.
- Have you ever wondered how the weekly #HCSM Sunday night chat session came to be or other #HCSM information? We had the pleasure of interviewing Dana Lewis who is the moderator and founder of the #HCSM chat. Check out what she had to say about healthcare and social media. Interview with Dana Lewis: Moderator and Founder of #HCSM Chat
- Engagement is one of the many things that social media does really well. Opening up the communication fields between physician and patient is something that should be done in both offline and online settings. Allowing patients to engage with their caregivers via social media is helping to erase barriers and engage people. Brie Schwartz writes a great piece regarding patient engagement. The Importance of Patient Engagement
- I never knWw it existed, but it does. The Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame recently inducted their newest member last week in Las Vegas, NV and that member is Ed Bennett. Ed has been a pioneer in the healthcare social media community for a long time and is extremely deserving of this honor. His friend Lee Aase gives a heartfelt message in this video. An Ode to Ed
- On her blog, Regina Holliday is reaching out to the healthcare community and asking patients, advocates, activists, and caregivers to join together to create nationwide patient agenda. Patient advocacy has extremely strong roots in the #HCSM community and this would be a great way to get involved. Regina Holliday’s Medical Advocacy Blog
Do you have any additional thoughts on this week’s Healthcare Social Media Week in Review? Did we miss something? Leave a comment below, send us a message on Twitter @MDWebPro, let us know on Facebook, or on Google +. We’d love to hear from you!