Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
How to Change Your Facebook Brand Page Username (vanity URL)
Posted on July 2nd 2012
Good news for Facebook Page admins. Facebook announced last week that it is now possible to change your Facebook brand page username (that's the vanity url you chose)in the admin tools.
It's easy-peasy - although there are a couple of things to be aware of:
1. It seems that fans will not be redirected from the old url. That's a biggie, so think carefully if your exisiting vanity URL is well publicised
2. You can change your username only once. If it was a typo which got you into this mess in the first place, why not your new name into notepad first? Stare it it a while. Show a friend just to make sure. There are no second chances!
Here's a step-by-step to change your Facebook Page username:
1. Go to your page. Edit page > Update Info
2. If your Page has a vanity URL already, you will be offered the option to change it.
Don't get confused - we're talking about the URL, the bit after the slash on the address, and NOT the actual Page name. Choose the top option.
3. Select the correct page and enter the new username.
4. Facebook will check the availability ..
5. And voila, it's changed ... you will now have a new vanity url.
But,. as I said, do think carefully before you make the change, as people entering your old username won't find you.