Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
How to Rock Social Media in 30 Minutes a Day [INFOGRAPHIC]
Posted on May 7th 2013
With a defined social media strategy in place, marketers can rock social media in 30 minutes a day.
Sound too good to be true? It is actually possible if your daily use of social media is built upon a well-developed social media strategy. But, a strong social media strategy does not mean that your brand has to be on every single social media channel out there. Instead, focus on the social media channels that the majority of your customers frequent.
The infographic below explains how having an over-arching social media strategy in place can save you time and make you a more effective social media strategist. This great infographic was developed by the talented Matt Wesson, a Marketing Content Specialist at the marketing automation company Pardot. It focuses on a six channel social media strategy, and how you can build engaged communities around your brand in as little as 30 minutes a day.
So how should you allocate your time on each channel? Well the infographic breaks the recommended 30 minutes down as follows:
- Twitter – Allocate approximately 10 minutes a day to Twitter for responding to any brand mentions and retweets, scheduling new messages, and share content of industry influencers.
- Facebook - Allot approximately 6 minutes a day to respond to comments, like content from clients and/or industry leaders, and share highly visual content (videos and pictures) because they have the highest engagement rate.
- LinkedIn - Designate 6 minutes a day to share content or news on your company profile, share new content and join discussions in relevant industry groups, and ask questions on your company profile and in groups.
- Pinterest - Assign approximately 4 minutes a day to pinning any new and relevant company content, repin relevant pins from industry influencers and respond to comments on your pins.
- Google+ - Allocate as little as 2 minutes a day to posting new content on your Google+ company page and asking your followers questions.
- Instagram - Set aside around 2 minutes a day to share behind the scene photos of your company, new visual content you have created, and inspiring quotes.
And in 30 minutes a day you have managed a 6 channel social media strategy!
As with most things, the more you do something the more efficient you become at it. While it can hard to imagine only allocating 30 minutes a day to social media, over time you will become more efficient at finding and posting interesting content and need less time to share content and respond to brand mentions.
Embedded from the Pardot Blog