Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
How to Use Customized LinkedIn Advertising Solutions
Posted on August 16th 2012
Take a look at these various advanced advertising solutions given by LinkedIn and the scenarios when brands can utilize them. This blog also enlists the importance of LinkedIn as a marketing platform.
Follow Company Ads
- Ads to acquire new followers, enabling brands to subsequently engage them with company status updates
- Recommended if the objective is to increase the number of company followers and transform it into a resource for sharing timely news & events information or your newest whitepaper
- Creating valuable brand advocates by showcasing existing endorsements and inspiring additional recommendations
- Recommended once there are a few ‘recommendations’ for your products & services on LinkedIn
- The objective is to integrate into the social graph of people already satisfied with your offerings
Join Group Ad
- Highlighting current relevant conversations to increase membership in groups
- Recommended for open groups to convert weak social ties into strong ties
Standard Ad Units and Text Links
- A combination of images and text in a banner format. Flash is supported
- All the ad spaces on the home page sold to a single brand
- Ensures maximum visibility and clicks
Compounded Content Ads
- To drive engagement through multiple streams of dynamic content (video, company status updates, and more) in a single unit
Employee Profile Sponsorships
- To deliver relevant messages to LinkedIn members any time they view a profile of one of your employees
Custom Group Sponsorship
- Exclusive access to group/groups for delivering custom media
- Recommended for raising awareness and positioning the brand as a thought leader by delivering rich content, including video, polling members with questions, and integrating a blog, Twitter or RSS feed
Enhanced Group Sponsorship
- Exclusive access to an ad placement within group/groups
- Gives more control and flexibility
Answers Platform Sponsorship
- The objective is to reach professionals during their critical decision-making process
- Applications designed to meet specific needs
- Recommended for offerings when the objective is to use LinkedIn’s API to target niche audiences
- To deliver targeted messages with industry-leading open rates using LinkedIn’s InMail messaging platform
- Partner messages allow for customization, including a co-branded landing page, an ad unit and a call-to-action button
- Location – This gives you the option of geo-targeting for your campaign
- Company – You can select exact company names, or categories of companies
- Job Title – You can select exact job titles or define the job function
Depending on the objective of your campaign, you can select appropriate custom advertising solutions offered by LinkedIn and define your targeting exactly to reach the correct audience. An example of custom targeting would be to target people who have recently got a promotion (LinkedIn users tend to change their job titles in such a scenario). These people can be rewarded for their achievements by giving them an exclusive incentive which can be provided via a custom solution like ‘Partner Messages’ or ‘Custom Applications’.
All these solutions work on a CPM (cost per thousand impressions) model, except for partner messages where you have to pay per message.
Why Should Marketers Care
Have you started utilizing LinkedIn as a marketing platform to reach influential, affluent and educated audience while they’re making key business decisions? If not, let us know in the comments section about what is hindering you.