These are only brief tips (mainly as they’re all 140 characters or less, so you can share them on Twitter), but if one of them helps you to either get a new job, gain a new client or generally win new business, then it’s worth it.
Please feel free to ‘share’ them on your Twitter feed or other social networks, like your LinkedIn profile & Keep following for more tips each day.
Please continue to ‘follow’ @talentgeniusltd and @LinkedIn2Biz for ongoing LinkedIn Tips.
- Look into your network statistics to investigate with your profile and the people looking at you!
- New ‘Tweak’ to People Search allows quick access to share profile, referencing & messaging.
- Need to email LinkedIn Customer Services? [email protected]
- DO NOT promote your company in your LinkedIn Summary as it breaches LinkedIn T&C’s
- As per the Branding Guidelines, the word “LinkedIn” can only be used as a descriptive reference to LinkedIn or its services
- Control how you appear when people search for you on Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc by editing your ‘Public Profile’
- Search the events section for many free seminars, networking events & webinars available near you.
- ‘Back Up’ your LinkedIn profile by clicking on ‘PDF’ on your profile page.
- Your Activity Feed now shows group discussion posts, status updates & connections. Change in your account settings.
- As of January 31st, the Tweets module will disappear.
- Fill out the ‘Experience’ Section with your FULL work History for increased visibility.
- Female & changed your name when married? Display is after your surname in brackets to be found easier.
- Switch off notifications from groups that are primarily used for link sharing and direct marketing broadcast.
- Try adjusting your email filters to always receive emails from trusted email domains like LinkedIn.com
- Here’s a Wikipedia List of useful social networking sites http://tinyurl.com/socsites12
- Search for your old classmates with LinkedIn Alumni/Classmates: http://www.linkedin.com/classmates
- Find some useful LinkedIn Videos at their YouTube Site: http://www.youtube.com/user/LinkedIn
- LinkedIn is also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LinkedIn
- You can add, change or remove email addresses on your LinkedIn account from the Account section of your Settings page
- LinkedIn Ads Business accounts must be tied to a Company Page on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn Ads Business accounts don’t have profiles or network connections & cannot be found in search
- The LinkedIn Audience Network is a collection of partner websites that display LinkedIn Ads on their pages
- The “Who’s Viewed Your Profile” module tells you who’s been looking at your profile recently & how many times you have shown up searches
- Common email domains like yahoo.com, gmail.com & hotmail.com can’t be used when creating a company page
- You won’t see enhanced profile stats if you have a free basic account and have set your privacy settings to remain anonymous
- You can download a ‘Verification of Death’ if you know someone who has passed away here: http://tinyurl.com/lideath
- The ‘Verification of Death’ form requires an email address registered to the deceased member’s account
- Find HTML to create a ‘Profile Badge’ here: http://tinyurl.com/lihtml1
- Add a second email address to help make sure you never get accidentally locked out of your account
- Search for Service Providers and select based on trusted recommendations from people in your network
- Open group discussions can be seen by anyone on the web and can be shared on other social networking platforms
- Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies can help resolve many different problems you might have when using LinkedIn.
That’s all for February, lots of new tips in there for you, don’t forget to share them with your social networks!
Steve Smithson MCIPD