Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
LinkedIn Tips as Tweets -- In 140 Characters or Less!
Posted on February 2nd 2012
These are only brief tips (mainly as they’re all 140 characters or less, so you can share them on Twitter), but if one of them helps you to either get a new job, gain a new client or generally win new business, then it’s worth it.
- Look into your network statistics to investigate with your profile and the people looking at you!
- New ‘Tweak’ to People Search allows quick access to share profile, referencing & messaging.
- Need to email LinkedIn Customer Services? email@example.com
- DO NOT promote your company in your LinkedIn Summary as it breaches LinkedIn T&C’s
- As per the Branding Guidelines, the word “LinkedIn” can only be used as a descriptive reference to LinkedIn or its services
- Control how you appear when people search for you on Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc by editing your ‘Public Profile’
- Search the events section for many free seminars, networking events & webinars available near you.
- ‘Back Up’ your LinkedIn profile by clicking on ‘PDF’ on your profile page.
- Your Activity Feed now shows group discussion posts, status updates & connections. Change in your account settings.
- As of January 31st, the Tweets module will disappear.
- Fill out the ‘Experience’ Section with your FULL work History for increased visibility.
- Female & changed your name when married? Display is after your surname in brackets to be found easier.
- Switch off notifications from groups that are primarily used for link sharing and direct marketing broadcast.
- Try adjusting your email filters to always receive emails from trusted email domains like LinkedIn.com
- Here’s a Wikipedia List of useful social networking sites http://tinyurl.com/socsites12
- Search for your old classmates with LinkedIn Alumni/Classmates: http://www.linkedin.com/classmates
- Find some useful LinkedIn Videos at their YouTube Site: http://www.youtube.com/user/LinkedIn
- LinkedIn is also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LinkedIn
- You can add, change or remove email addresses on your LinkedIn account from the Account section of your Settings page
- LinkedIn Ads Business accounts must be tied to a Company Page on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn Ads Business accounts don’t have profiles or network connections & cannot be found in search
- The LinkedIn Audience Network is a collection of partner websites that display LinkedIn Ads on their pages
- The “Who’s Viewed Your Profile” module tells you who’s been looking at your profile recently & how many times you have shown up searches
- Common email domains like yahoo.com, gmail.com & hotmail.com can’t be used when creating a company page
- You won’t see enhanced profile stats if you have a free basic account and have set your privacy settings to remain anonymous
- You can download a ‘Verification of Death’ if you know someone who has passed away here: http://tinyurl.com/lideath
- The ‘Verification of Death’ form requires an email address registered to the deceased member’s account
- Find HTML to create a ‘Profile Badge’ here: http://tinyurl.com/lihtml1
- Add a second email address to help make sure you never get accidentally locked out of your account
- Search for Service Providers and select based on trusted recommendations from people in your network
- Open group discussions can be seen by anyone on the web and can be shared on other social networking platforms
- Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies can help resolve many different problems you might have when using LinkedIn.
Steve Smithson MCIPD