Maximize Your Tweets [INFOGRAPHIC]

BradFriedman
Brad Friedman President, The Friedman Group, LLC

Posted on July 20th 2012

Maximize Your Tweets [INFOGRAPHIC]

Twitter boasts over 140 million active users who produce over 340 million Tweets per day. Certainly, Twitter has established itself as a major force in the social media universe and major brands agree as 77% of marketers listed Twitter as one of their top three priority social platforms.

There is much to be learned from this and other studies about how best to maximize the use of Twitter to generate revenue, increase website traffic, grow your network and increase engagement within your community. I found this great infographic that answers some of the most common questions we receive from clients:

• “When is the best time to tweet?”
    • “How can I increase engagement and conversation?”
    • “How can I get more people to retweet my tweets?”

Of course, every business is different and the answers to these questions differ depending on the business you are in and the specific goals you have set for you business as found in your Social Media Business Plan. Still, there is much to be learned from this data and the information contained in this infographic.

As always, timing is everything. Apparently, mixing up the social networks you broadcast on is also helpful. You may be successful broadcasting during the times people are most busy. Surprised? Do you think using a tool to schedule Tweets would be helpful? Would tracking help you determine the best time for you to be reaching your audience? Are you tracking key performance indicators? Are you Tweeting randomly when the urge takes over, or do you have a plan in place that you follow?

Do you have data you can share with us to make this information more meaningful?

twitter best practices maximizing your tweets infographicA Twitter infographic by Fusework Studios

BradFriedman

Brad Friedman

President, The Friedman Group, LLC

Brad Friedman is a “Recovering Attorney” living in Denver, Colorado. In 2010, Mr. Friedman parlayed his passion for technology and his business, legal and marketing savvy into the creation of The Friedman Group, LLC. Brad has developed a group of highly skilled people to work with individuals and businesses to develop strategies that enhance their online presence and engage clients, prospects and referral sources through the power of inbound and social media marketing.

Comments

kathymagrino
Posted on July 20th 2012 at 5:09PM

Very interesting information here, Brad. I didn't realize weekends are the best days to tweet -- I'm surprised, actually. Thanks for sharing this post!

Kathy

BradFriedman
Posted on July 24th 2012 at 12:27AM

I was surprised at the weekend statistic too. I suppose if I am shopping for a brand I may tend to do that more on a weekend though. Glad I could share the infographic. Thanks for reading it!

AutoJini
Posted on July 23rd 2012 at 5:01PM

I have started using more hashtags in my tweets and as a result I have seen an increase in clicks on those posts! Are there certain hashtags that you find get more clicks and engagement?

BradFriedman
Posted on July 24th 2012 at 12:25AM

Popular hashtags are dependent on what's going on that particular day and how interested people are in the word. It's hard to predict unless you are predicting the name of a celebrity or a tragedy or something great just happened and you were on top of it. Timing has a lot to do with popular hastags too.

nubikay
Posted on July 27th 2012 at 12:00PM

Yeah, I did read about the weekend being the best time to blog and tweet as the noise is at minimal level thus getting across to more people.

I don't still get why Wednesday and Thursday come with the lowest level of engagement though. Too much noise?

BradFriedman
Posted on July 27th 2012 at 1:02PM

Noise and focus. I'm guessing people are busy at work on Wednesday and Thursday and have less time for these distractions. Still, I think every audience is different and you have to analyze your own audience to determine when they are paying attention to what you are doing.

thestartupmeme
Posted on August 9th 2012 at 11:25AM

I still do not know Why there is a set time frame for tweets and blog post ? How does it effect?

John D Fisher
Posted on September 4th 2012 at 4:22PM

Thanks for sharing our twitter infographic, Brad!

BradFriedman
Posted on September 4th 2012 at 6:36PM

Thanks for taking the time to read the post John! I think the infographic is great!