Technology & Data
Social Media Analytics: From Return on Investment to Return on Involvement [VIDEO]Using GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
Online Shopping Behavior: Data from Smart Phones and Social Media3 Ways to Use Social Media Data to Create Compelling ContentBig Data and Social: The Key to Sentiment Analysis?Stop Guessing! Here’s How to Use Data to Power Your Content Marketing Strategy
- Tech & Innovation
What Two Ruined Reputations Can Teach Us about Avoiding Personal Privacy and Social Media MishapsEverything You Thought You Knew About Privacy Is Wrong: The Snowden Legacy8 Infamous Data Breaches That Help Build Our Collective Data Militia
Should the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?Meet Heartbleed: The Huge New Security Flaw for Secure WebsitesHow Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
Software & Tools
SMToolbox: Open to Suggestion? Social Media Tools to Support Content CurationWeb Tools to Guard Against Plagiarized ContentAre Social Media Jobs Being Replaced by Social Media Tools?Social Startups: iSnap Uses Selfies to Seamlessly Connect Offline, Online Moments
The latest and greatest events in social media, marketing and communications from Social Media Today and our community.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Online GOTV Resources: Time to Get Out The Vote
Posted on November 5th 2012
Hard to believe, but election day is less than a week away, and across the country, campaigns and outside groups are running a full-on GOTV blitz. Let’s give ‘em some help — below is a short list of useful online resources for getting out the vote, from templates for field canvassing plans to mobile apps for voter protection. You can’t use the internet to bus people to the polls, but you CAN use digital tools to get people to the bus on time.
BTW, the e.politics email inbox is burdened these days with vendors hawking robocalls, text messages and other last-minute money-sinks; do any of these actually work? I’m also going to be curious to see the results of late-cycle, tightly targeted online ads for persuasion and GOTV, which are running here and there. Hopefully we’ll get some good case studies after the election — I’m happy to run ‘em here.
- Centralized, state-by-state online polling place location, early voting rules, voting requirements (such as ID), and more from the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights. A useful hub to point people to.
- Terrific tactical resources from the New Organizing Institute, including GOTV Resources & Templates in their Get Out The Vote Resource Center. Plus, their Daily Tips are great, short articles on particular field organizing tools, tactics and practices. Relevant recent fave? Use online social pressure for GOTV.
- Mobile Apps to Help You Through the November Election, from election protection to ad tracking. C.f. Kate Kamber’s recent Epolitics.com piece, Cell Phones for GOTV: Voter Mobilization Methods on Election Day.
- Tutorial: Organizing your GOTV data and outreach with NationBuilder. Some lessons broadly applicable.
- Nerdcore: Drupal module for ballots, early voting info, polling-place location.
Got more? Leave them as comments below and I’ll them to the list.