Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Pinterest Marketing Tips: Holiday Strategy
Posted on December 8th 2012
Why use Pinterest for your Holiday Promotions
- 71% of small businesses NEVER use Pinterest? Imagine the potential, as it’s likely your competition simply hasn’t caught on yet.
- Conversion rates for Pinterest traffic are 50% higher than converstion rates from other traffic
- Pinterest is the top converting social media site for “Top of the Funnel” advertising
- Pinterest users spent about 2.1 billion minutes on the site in 2012, with women making up 70% of its web audience.
- Pinterest buyers spend more money, more often, on more items than any of the other top 5 social media sites.
- Pinterest pins which include prices receive 36% more likes than those which do not.
- Pinterest generates 4 times more revenue as Twitter and 27% more revenue per click than Facebook.
- 47% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from Pinterest.
- Since May 2012, Pinterest traffic has more than doubled in size.
- Nearly 7 in 10 online consumers who visit Pinterest have found an item they’ve purchased or wanted to purchase, compared to only 40% of online consumers who visit Facebook.
- Over three-quarters (70%) of Pinterest users visit the site “to get inspiration on what to buy,” while only 17% of Facebook users visit Facebook for buying inspiration.
- Over 20% of Facebook users are on Pinterest daily.
- How do women use Pinterest for Holiday Shopping Ideas:
- 60% To get Gift Ideas
- 26% To create a list of gifts I want to share with those who are buying gifts for me
- 23% Top in photos of gifts I’ve bought/made for others
- 36% TO do research on gifts I’m already considering buying for others
HOW to use Pinterest for your Holiday Marketing Strategy
1. Create a Trending Topic Board
Use items such as Christmas Decor, Christmas Recipes, Christmas Gift Ideas. Tip: Don’t forget to add prices!
Trending topics on Pinterest see a 94%increase in clickthrough rate.
2. Holiday Contest – Pin it to Win it!
Create a contest where users have to pin images to their boards to participate. Winner is the image with the most repins.
Panasonic launched a Pin it to Win It contest that generated over 10,000 photo submissions.
3. Run Pinterest Only Sales
Put products on sale, and make the sale price available to people who repin the product image. They will have to enter a coupon code that only appears on your Pinterest page.
Tip: Sellers need to make sure that their images link directly to a page where a person can purchase an item
Pinterest Statistics Sources: