Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
The return of the Blog: My favorite bloggers on digital media marketing
Posted on November 19th 2010
Technorati, which is making somewhat of a comeback, published earlier this month the State of the Blogosphere 2010 report, saying that 56% of all blogs are from North America… leaving 44% from the ROW. A couple of the big noted trends: the rise of mobile blogging and the increasing influence of women bloggers (sort of normal when you consider that 14/19 of the major social media sites have a majority of women).
Social Media Curation – an enterprising skill for 2011!
Much like the service provided by the priority inbox on Gmail, we are in desperate need of filtering the information inflow. There is no doubt that in your address book, social network or RSS feed, there are some contributors that are more important, pertinent and meaningful than others. How do we make sure that we always read that which counts most? First stop, is to actually stop and think about it! What are the subjects you are most interested in (refined keyword search)? Who are the best people to whom you should listen? Then there is the method: which tools will you use to filter?
One of the key skills for tomorrow, at least in the business space, will be the ability to curate (i.e. filter and organize) the information. This means, in fact, knowing how to identify the good sources (find them), then to organize how you read, digest and absorb the inflow. From inbox management to knowledge sharing, information curation is one of the biggest challenges for managers today. The new Facebook messages service might also help in this regard.
Herewith, as a starting point, from the Myndset’s point of view, are the five blogs that I like to read most on a regular basis (along with why!):
- Mitch Joel: Six Pixels of Separation. Mitch is CEO and founder of Twist Image, a successful digital agency in Montreal and Toronto. Aside from being a man with whom I share several common interests (astrophysics, branding and music) and a friend from my Montreal days, Mitch has the knack of always staying real, in touch and on the ball. Mitch also has a very celebrated podcast which he regularly cohosts with Joe “not the 30 second” Jaffe.
- Scott Monty. Author of the Social Media Marketing Blog and head of digital marketing at Ford, Scott is full of great content. His blog focuses on the convergence of marketing, advertising, PR on the web. With Ford spending somewhere around 25% of its marketing spend in digital, you know he is an operational man in the know!
- Brian Solis. “Defining the convergence of media and influence.” A forward thinker. Talented writer with a strong slant on PR as opposed to pure marketing. You can also check out Brian Solis TV (R)evolution (on YouTube)
- Robert Scoble: Scobleizer. Robert is Managing Director at Rackspace (cloud hosting). He is prolific and multimedia in his content creation. Lots of raw content, great links. Probably need to be a bit geeky to really get the most out of it. A great example of mobile blogging.
- Jonathon Baskin Dim Bulb. Jonathon is a great writer and often takes quite bold stands worth fighting for. His articles are usually thought and/or thought provoking.
What are your favorite blogs for digital brand marketing? Who is your best source for “curated” material? How do you curate your information? Please do share with us!