The Social Customer Engagement Index 2014
The Best Insight on Use and Effectiveness of Social Media Tools for Customer Service
The results are in! Social Media Today is pleased to introduce the fourth edition of The Social Customer Engagement Index: Results, Analysis and Perspectives. This exclusive whitepaper, sponsored by SAP, explores organizational efforts to leverage social and mobile technologies and to identify the impact these efforts are having on support goals and objectives.
The survey results show that a greater number of service interactions are taking place over social channels. Additionally, as companies gain experience and further integrate social service strategies with their overall customer engagement strategies, they are seeing a more positive impact from their efforts. Results showed:
- 15% of companies say 25%+ of customer service inquiries are initiated over social channels (35% say less than 5% do).
- 27% say it takes them less than an hour to respond to questions/issues on social channels.
- 52% say Facebook is the most effective social channel for customer service with Twitter following at 25%.
- 81% say social customer service strategy is integrated into overall social strategy of the organization.
- 50% of those surveyed said their company provides customer service via mobile devices, up from 38% in 2012.
- 32% say they have seen very positive impact from “social” on customer service goals and objectives.
The 2014 Social Customer Engagement Index features:
- A foreword by Paul Greenberg
- Case studies and interviews from Discover, T-Mobile, Nissan, and Kimpton Hotels, who share their experiences and insights on how their social customer service efforts have evolved over time in order to meet the increasing expectations of tech-savvy customers.
- A look at how plans, approaches and strategies have evolved over time, as we have a number of years to look back on and compare with the current year's results.
- Full survey results and analysis by Brent Leary, who delves deeper into the survey results and gives you the relevant takeaways.
About the Whitepaper Author
Brent Leary is a CRM industry analyst, advisor, author, speaker and award winning blogger. He is co-founder and Partner of CRM Essentials LLC.