Technology & Data
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Social Media Marketing for Business
Posted on May 21st 2012
In this Infographic we ask the question “What measures up for a recipe for success?”. In response, we have visually highlighted some social statistics from a recent blog post by the socialskinny.com, that provides insight into the more popular marketing tools being used and the social response to them:
- The most popular social networking tool for marketing is Facebook – being used by 92%(of businesses), followed by Twitter (84%), LinkedIn (71%) and blogs (68%).
- 23% of Fortune 500 companies have a public-facing corporate blog.
- 58% of Fortune 500 companies have an active corporate Facebook account, 62% have an active corporate Twitter account.
- 43% of marketers have noticed an improvement in sales due to social campaigns.
- 47% of customers are somewhat likely to purchase from a brand that they follow or like.