Technology & Data
Social Change Agent Survey: Passion, Skill Set, and Persistence Lead to Career GrowthSandy Carter's 6 Social Business Lessons to Learn from Candy Crush5 Tips for Creating a Company Culture that Connects with Your Sweet Spot ClientsWhy Leadership Should Be a Collaborative Exercise
8 Internet User Statistics Every Small Business Should Know AboutCan't Find Time for Social Media? This Approach Will Help6 Ways to Turn Your Small Business into a Media Hub
- Social Organization
Beyond Engagement: Why Advocacy Is Always About the PeopleFormer IBM Senior Advisors Launch Brands Rising to Build Employee Advocacy ProgramsPerformance and Risk Management Through Social Media TrainingEmployee Advocacy Summit: Advocate Stories from the Field
- Customer Service
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
The Time for Twitter Is Now [PODCAST]
Posted on August 18th 2014
Are you using Twitter for your business? Maybe the time for Twitter is now if you consider some of the trends on this popular social media platform:
Twitter has momentum. Revenue jumped 124% in the latest quarter, and it “beat the Street” estimates for user growth.
Twitter shined during the World Cup, owning the online conversation for the planet’s biggest sporting event.
It appears that Twitter is preparing a “buy now” button.
In our new Marketing Companion podcast, Tom Webster and I dissect the economics of Twitter for business and demonstrate why this might be the best time to integrate Twitter into your marketing plans.
Some of the podcast highlights:
- How Twitter is giving a free advertising bonus most businesses don’t know about.
- How to use Lead Generation Cards as a free business-building tool.
- Twitter has become the de facto “second screen” for television — what does this mean to the value of Twitter for business?
- Although only 16 percent of adult Americans have active accounts, more than three times that number actively see tweets or watch a Twitter stream without logging in — a “ghost audience” for businesses that does not show up in the numbers.
- Why analysts should not keep lumping Twitter in with Facebook and LinkedIn
- Businesses are overlooking powerful free research capabilities — we provide a real example and look at the three levels of free Twitter search
- The meaning of Twitter for personal networking
Both Tom and I agree on this one — this is an excellent time for businesses to look at Twitter as a research, advertising, and networking platform, Ready to check out the podcast? It’s just one click away!