Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Top 10 Chrome Extensions for Community Managers
Posted on November 29th 2012
It’s human nature for us to seek out tools that make life easier. Creating the wheel, the telephone, and the automobile are all perfect examples of our need to create and use objects and services that save time and energy. For individuals working in positions that require increased multi-tasking skills and the ability to wear many hats, ease and convenience are two words that carry a lot of weight. One job that immediately comes to mind is a company’s Community Manager. Typically tasked with being the middleman between the company they work for and its customers – taking and sharing feedback, creating content, and engaging with end users, bloggers, influencers, and potential customers. Being in this position requires staying on your toes as well as on top of your game. Luckily if you’re a Google Chrome user making friends with Chrome Extension can be your saving grace. I’ve compiled the most helpful Chrome Extensions for Community Managers.
1. Facebook – Community Managers, even those using a third party tool to manage their accounts, need the option to login to the native site of the platform from time to time. Having Facebook on your Chrome Page increases efficiency and will save a bit a time.
2. Twitter – Similar to the way a Community Manager would need to reach Facebook’s native site, the same goes for Twitter. Including Twitter’s Chrome extension as part of your shortcuts will help keep all your social media platforms in one easy location.
3. WordPress – A typical responsibility for many Community Managers is maintaining the company’s blog. The WordPress extension allows you to access your WordPress Admin page with just one click.
4. Flint – With Viralheat’s Flint extension, Community Managers can share stories found from around the web to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. With just one click on the Viralheat icon, sharing to your community has never been easier.
5. Viralheat Social Sentiment – One reason companies have community manager in the position they do is to maintain and work toward a positive social sentiment. Whether the sentiment is about a product or company, this real-time sentiment tracker can pinpoint how your community feels about different topics.
6. Google Calendar – Keeping your days straight and meeting and assignment on schedule requires a great calendar. With the Google Calendar extension, stay up to date, edit and add events and tasks along the way.
7. GMail – Get to your email with ease. Use the GMail extension to make sure you are staying in the know with company emails.
8. Google Reader – RSS Feeds are a mecca for curating stories that will appeal to a Community Manager’s community. Community Managers rely on google reader to stay updated and current.
9. Dropbox – It’s rare for Community Managers to work without co-workers, fellow CMs, or amongst a department. Using a service like dropbox makes sharing documents easy. The dropbox extensions will bring a user right to their account to access their documents.
10. New York Times - Adding a favorite news source will ensure that you are aware of breaking news and current events that might pertain your community. Use the New York Times extension to reach this reliable news source periodically through the work week.