Top 19 Free Photo Sites For Bloggers

Posted on August 22nd 2010

(Advertisement)
Shutterstock Stock Photo Keyword Search:

Search Terms:

Our list of free photo resources has been a popular post since 2007. I noticed that one on the list had gone out of business and have found a few new ones. So, I wanted to bring you a new, improved list for 2010. Morguefile and Flickr Creative Commons are my favorites for truly free, not just royalty-free, images.

Please let me know if there are others you use that aren’t on our list.

1. MorgueFile
  17. Unprofound
  18. Photo Rogue
  19. Free Pixels

MyCreativeTeam

Harry Hoover

Owner, My Creative Team

Comments

Posted on August 22nd 2010 at 4:54PM

Great list of photo sites for bloggers. Thanks for the post.

marbore
Posted on August 22nd 2010 at 6:50PM

What a great list!

Posted on August 22nd 2010 at 8:45PM

Extremely helpful list.  Thanks for sharing.

MyCreativeTeam
Posted on August 23rd 2010 at 8:40AM

Glad we could help. Please let us know of other free photo sites you find. Thanks.

Posted on August 24th 2010 at 10:45AM

I was jsut looking for such a list. Thanks again­.

Bernie Belliveau

@Aproposcom

MyCreativeTeam
Posted on August 25th 2010 at 9:36AM

Google can be a source, but Nnamdi, just be sure of legal requirements for using images that turn up via Google image search.

bobbydigital04
Posted on August 26th 2010 at 7:39PM

Excellent updated list for media and creative individuals. Thanks for the posting!

Posted on September 2nd 2010 at 10:14AM

Good list.

I try to use my own pics, but sometimes the subject matter is beyond my resources. Better to illustrate what you want to say, than twist what you want to say to fit the images you happen to have.

www.blackwatertown.wordpress.com

Posted on January 25th 2011 at 10:12PM

I'd like to add htttp://www.youtupedia.org which i believe is a cool site with thousands of royalty free pictures around the web, even for commercial use!

Posted on May 17th 2011 at 10:54PM

People are also welcome to use the free royalty free photos and images found on http://www.cjophoto.com/.

Posted on August 14th 2011 at 6:06PM

Thanks Harry for this great list of royalty free images.

readers can find about some more royalty free sites on [ www.topbestlisted.blogspot.com ]

Posted on September 22nd 2011 at 9:38AM

Thanks for the list!
All items are free to download for personal and commercial use, without restriction and are available in high definition.
New photos are added on a daily basis.

Thanks for the list!
I suggest also http://www.picdrome.comThis is a growing Public Domain picture collection, free of copyright and licensed under Creative Commons.
New photos are added on a daily basis.

SMEBS
Posted on December 24th 2011 at 7:30AM

Thanks

RP

iam a mobile phone reviews problogger

Slava
Posted on January 13th 2012 at 2:27PM

a very comprehensive list. I am going to give this link to my wife, who is a model photographer, Marina Rybalka. I am an insurance leads seo guy, and this list will be implemented in my strategy. thanks again.

adsbyte
Posted on March 13th 2013 at 7:55PM

Well these are really cool! I really appreciate this type of professional information. It helps increase and maintain website ranking. Thanks for sharing it and keep sharing this kind of data in future.

photober
Posted on August 29th 2013 at 10:57AM

Thanks for this great list of royalty free images.

readers are also welcome to use the free royalty free photos and images found on http://www.photober.com/

Yinan Chen
Posted on October 30th 2013 at 3:30AM

For free public domain photos, you can also check out http://www.goodfreephotos.com