Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Valentine's Day Edition: Connect With Customers and Clients
Posted on February 5th 2013
One of the important aspects of social media is communication between your business and your customers/clients. With a push in the right direction, people will feel more inclined to communicate with your business in social communities.
Give fans a reason to interact with your business.
- What aspect(s) of your business do your fans love the most?
- What are their hobbies?
- Do your customers love low prices?
- What about quality customer service?
Starbucks shows a connection between employees and customers ↓
Victoria’s Secret takes note of everyone who looks forward to the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. In this example, they get the Angels from the fashion shows to respond to tweets about their plans on Valentine’s Day. Fans anticipate the response eagerly from the Angels.
Share a fan’s photo of your product/service.
- Make a connection between your business and the holiday. Incorporate your brand, product, or service without being promotional. These types of posts are more likely to become viral because fans feel It’s for their entertainment value as opposed to your businesses profit.
- *NOTE: Doing this during other times of the year is also encouraged. It doesn’t have to be a holiday to share your appreciation of your fans!
- If you don’t have any of your fans photos incorporating your business, you can find a way to do it yourself. It’s just as effective, although it requires more work on your part.
Find a creative way to use your product/service to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
- Burberry uses some fabric to create a heart shape. Then they simply wish their fans a Happy Valentine’s Day.
- Starbucks used their Valentine’s Day merchandise to tell their fans they love them. A very simple concept sent an efficacious message.
Thank them after asking for feedback.
- Your customers will feel great knowing that you appreciate their business, and it goes a long way after getting them to help you out. Even if the post doesn’t result in a lot of likes or comments, it’s still valuable to express your gratitude.