Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
What Is a Brand C.A.T. Scan ?
Posted on October 30th 2012
This week, I was reflecting upon how our media/marketing industry processes, procedures and executions need to evolve in the future, and inadvertently reinvented a popular medical anacronym, C.A.T. scan
Now I'm not talking about an xray based on Computerized Axial Tomgraphy, or seeing how much your friendly feline costs at the cash, I'm talking about a different CAT scan.
In my definition of C.A.T. scan for brands and their partners, I believe that brands need to consider the following 3 key elements across numerous parts of their business:
Brands and their partners need to show creativity in terms of their:
- internal structure and procedures
- ways of doing business
- remuneration models
- content creation
- success metrics
- human resources - creating posts that didn't previously exist & finding talent in creative ways
- internal and external training
- promoting their company
- mass collaboration
Brands and their partners need to show agility with regards to :
- being able to react to opportunities quicker
- their internal teams - smaller and faster to react, more like software companies
- simplifying planning and execution of intiatives
- creating content quickly, if necessary, based on current events or social media feedback
Brands and their partners need to adapt their technology :
- at their point of sale - utility to the consumer is key
- to improve their internal communication systems - benefit from the cloud
- in their marketing/media initiatives, where appropriate - useful or entertaining to the consumer
- automate certain processes, where appropriate
- to help measure their initiatives in a holistic way
So before you think 2013 is already planned, go out and do a C.A.T. scan on your brand !