Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Why Pinterest Can Help Your Business Blossom
Posted on July 7th 2013
When it comes to social media and online marketing, there are plenty of options for businesses to get their content out to the public. One of the platforms that tend to get thrown on the backburner, behind a site like Facebook, is Pinterest.
Why should Pinterest get more attention? According to analytics shown by Jason Smith of readwrite.com, Pinterest beats Facebook in a number of categories.
- Pinterest traffic spent 60% more than traffic from Facebook.
- Pinterest traffic converted to a sale 22% more often than Facebook
- Facebook traffic bounced 90% of the time, compared to 75% for Pinterest
Should your business use Pinterest? What can you do to engage your Pinterest audience? Here are three simple pointers for getting started.
- Have a plan. Don’t just set up a page and start randomly posting. You’ll want to lay out exactly what boards you want. A great example of proper Pinterest use is Kohl’s, who has a board for clothing, shoes, kitchen products, outdoor products and much more.
- Connect with your followers. Do you have a product that you can show people using? Start pinning pictures of customers with your product, much like Elizabeth Daniel New York did. Or run a contest to engage your audience. In 2012, there were some great uses of online marketing campaigns on Pinterest.
- Keep your content fresh. Be sure to constantly keep your newest and most intriguing content pinned. Once a product or service gets old or replace, make sure you are removing it and replacing it with the next great product you are offering.
As it goes for any social media platform, you have to analyze and attempt to set up a plan before setting up a page and start engagement on Pinterest to see if it is right for your business.
Does your business use Pinterest? Have you seen it hurt or help your business? Let us know in the comments below!