Blogger Approval and Posting on Social Media Today
Posting your content on our site helps you gain increased visibility, increased promotion, and a larger audience than you might be able to reach on your own. We help our bloggers by providing a community that appreciates great content and access to larger promotional channels, such as Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest and Facebook.
Who Else Posts Here?
Step 1: Sign up and Login to our site
In order to publish posts on our site, you'll need to have an active account here. If you have an account on this site, login here. If not, sign up here. Once your registration is complete, you'll receive a confirmation email. IMPORTANT: To complete registration, you must click on the link in the confirmation email. This will enable you to fill out your profile (next step).
Step 2: Fill out your profile
We like our posts to have a name and a face behind them, so please fill out your profile:
- Once you're logged in, click Edit Account at the top right of the page.
- In order to be published, you need to have a first name, last name, and picture of yourself set in your Profile.
- Fill out the Bio field with a short paragraph about yourself. Please also add your Website and your various social profiles.
- Once you've entered all your information, click the Save button to make the changes live.
Step 3: Blogger approval
Next, please email back to email@example.com at least three links to your blogs (you can also attach samples, if you prefer). There needs to be a clear indication you are the writer. Also, please copy the url of your profile into the e-mail you send us.
A good guideline to go by is:
- All posts must be related to the site's subject matter.
- All posts must be edited for grammar and spelling.
- No drop links please - links are fine, but do NOT include irrelevant links back to commercial websites.
- No promotional or commercial articles will be posted.
We always suggest you look at some of the "featured" posts that appear high on our home page at socialmediatoday.com, just to get a feel for what we're looking for.
If you're approved, continue on to Step 4. Another recommendation is to read through our blogger’s guide.
Step 4a: Add your existing blog feed
The main benefit to adding your content to our site via a feed is that each post automatically comes into our system to be reviewed by our editorial team. A few things to keep in mind before you add your feed:
- Your feed needs to provide the complete text of your blog posts in order to be published. Summary feeds will be removed from the system. For more information on setting your feed to full, see our Help page entry on feed settings.
- Incoming feeds can only be attributed to one author. If your feed is a group feed or will have guest posts, they will all be attributed to the user account that added the feed. Consider splitting your feed using Yahoo Pipes or a similar service.
- Incoming posts from feeds are not published automatically, only added to our moderation queue. Feeds that continually provide off-topic posts will be removed without notice.
If you're approved to blog, logged in (do you see your user name on the top navigation bar of this page?), and ready to add your full, on-topic feed, click here to begin or read our Help page entry for adding your blog.
Step 4b: Add posts to our system manually
We love to partner with bloggers who provide exclusive content to us by posting directly on our site. The benefits for bloggers include:
- Access to our large audience
- Increased visibility and recognition
- Promotion through our network
- Preferential page position
We ask that all posts created directly on our site (if they were created specifically for us) be provided to us on an exclusive basis for a minimum of 14 days after the post is completed, and that authors honor this exclusive time frame even if we do not publish your post immediately.
To submit your post, log in, click on "My SMT" in the nav bar, and click "Create a Post."
Due to the heightened demand in being a blogger on Social Media Today, please bear with us as we attempt to respond to all requests. You will be notified if your post has been approved and published. You will not receive a response from us if our guidelines are not followed. You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that we get hundreds of qualified submissions every day and can only publish a small percentage of them. Also, you'll only be notified if your piece is accepted, and if it's not, we can't always respond to questions asking why.