3 Content Marketing Tips to Optimize Engagement and Connect with Influencers
A Word About Content Reach
Tip 1: Discover Your Most Popular Content
Tip 2: Re-Share That Content
- Re-share content as part of your normal content mix. Pick a few of your most popular posts from the past to re-share each day or week.
- Have a throwback Day: This is very popular. Pick a day, throwback Thursday is probably the most popular, dedicated to sharing the most popular content over a given period. You can do this every week, every month, or on some other schedule. We do a throwback Friday every 3rd week to re-share the most popular content from the previous three weeks.
- Re-share the week’s most popular content on the weekend. Different people might be on your social channels on the weekend. Also, people have more time to read on the weekend. Your fans might read something on the weekend that they didn’t feel they had time for during the week.
- Late Friday and weekend re-share. Some people stay off of social channels, or only lightly engage, at the end of the week and on the weekends. We share new content published on our channels between Friday afternoon at 1:00pm through Sunday night over the course of the following work week.
- Re-share content from dead times. Sporting events such as the Super Bowl, elections returns, television events such as the Grammys, or other events can consume social audiences leaving your content untouched. Consider re-sharing that content at other times when there isn’t a distraction. Better yet, share content related to the event in question near the time of the event!
- Anytime something is relevant or viral. If you share a piece of content related to a hot topic, and the topic remains hot, jump on that train and re-share. Odds are you will reach new people and engagement will go up!
In the end it’s up to you to choose what sharing methodology to implement. We do, however, have some recommendations you should always follow when re-sharing content:
- Share time sensitive content in a timely way. If your content is about an upcoming event, or trending topic, it may only be relevant for a short time. Re-share it while it’s relevant.
- Give content a least a little time between shares. Re-sharing the same content too frequently can make fans and followers tune out, or worse, stop following you. Re-shared content should be mixed with and surrounded by other content. At least some of that content should be fresh.
- Always re-share different days, and at different times. That is how you will reach different segments of your audience than you reached previously.
Tip 3: Connect with Influencers that Share Your Content
Over to you
How do you identify your most popular content? And how do you re-share it? Let me know in the comments.
Webinars On Demand
September 14, 2016Effective storytelling has always been an important tool for marketers and advertisers, but only in the last few years has the art of telling...
August 17, 2016Social media has transformed the way brands can interact with customers, providing a platform to engage in new and exciting ways. It can be chal...
Marketers are constantly seeking to engage with their buyers and drive actions that help buyers move rapidly through their customer lifecycl...
Digital marketing is fundamental to businesses’ success in today’s modern era of engagement marketing. Promoting brands, products, and servi...