Numerous people have this wrong impression that New Orleans is a beautiful city, but only for adults. They believe that planning a family trip to New Orleans is not a good idea. In fact, this is an excellent idea because there are plenty of fun things for both adults and children. In fact, such a trip can be educational for your children because they get the opportunity to find out more about one of the most important parts of the American history: the era of plantations and slaves. This is why, if you are actually thinking about a family trip to New Orleans but you are not exactly sure whether or not this is a good idea, we strongly recommend you to gather more information on the subject. You will understand that this truly is an excellent idea and that you are not going to regret the choice of visiting New Orleans.
New Orleans has some amazing places to offer to its tourists, regardless of their age, so check out the list below and plan a perfect trip to this city. There are numerous sights that you will fall in love with and plenty of places where your children are going to have a lot of fun. Here is our list of recommendations.
- The City Park- this park covers an area of 1,300 acres and it used to host dozens of 600 year old oaks. Even though many of these oaks have been destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, some of them survived and the locals have united in order to restore the park. The walking lanes and the bike lanes are now spectacular, the landscape is beautiful and everybody in the family will simply have an excellent time.
- The Jackson Square- this is the place where music jazz was born, a place full of history and now packed with musicians who offer live performances.
- The Audubon Zoo- your children will love it, as the Zoo is simply huge, spread on 58 acres. This open space zoo will be a huge attraction for your kids.
- The Audubon Insectarium- after visiting the zoo, you have to go visit the insectarium as well. The Butterfly Garden will be an unforgettable experience for every single member of the family.
- The Swamp Tours- what would New Orleans be without a swamp tour during which your kids can see snakes, alligators and crocodiles in their natural habitat?
- Louisiana tours- since you will be in New Orleans, it would be a good idea not to limit yourself to the bus tours New Orleans is famous for; you should also check out a more spread area around Louisiana because this will give you the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful mansions, its plantations and its unique landscape.
As you can see, there are plenty of fun things that the entire family ca enjoy while in New Orleans. Do some additional reading on the best sights around New Orleans and around Louisiana and plan your holiday there. You will have the time of your life, we can assure you of that!