Join us for the premier social media, marketing, and communications event, brought to you for a second year by SMT. Summer pricing ends August 29, so make sure to buy your pass now!
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.>
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
Hi Kendra, it's definitely very important to engage with your audience. As for e-mail marketing, my tip would be to follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of your e-mails should be value content that would provide your readers with your advice, insights, etc. to solve their problems. The other 20% can be an offer of your product/service, or an affiliate offer of someone else's products. Closer to 90/10 might be better (90% value content). Again, it would really depend on your audience.
Glad you like it Kendra! People just love to throw in their two-cents worth :)
Thanks Cathy! Glad you found my suggestions very helpful. It's sometimes the simplest things that we forget to do. Whenever I ask a question at the end, I notice my responses are a lot higher than when I forget to ask the question.
Engagement is definitely important. It gives you the opportunity to really know what your audience wants. Then when it's time to make a product or service offer to your audience, you know how to communicate how your offer solves their needs.
Thanks Don! Glad you found value in my article. It's a simple thing to do to add an opt-in form to your page to collect e-mail addresses. I think it's important to have multiple marketing channels, which could include social media and e-mail marketing, to provide value to prospects and present opportunities to convert them to customers.
You're welcome. Glad you found the tips to be useful.