Research: The Most Valuable Form of Content
Want to launch your content into the stratosphere?
The most shareable and link-worthy content you can create is original research. The insights you uncover can result in one-of-a-kind content that delivers incomparable success in search and social media.
Discussing this strategy made for a fun 21-minute conversation this edition of the Content Matters program.
Listen to Andy and Barry discuss how research is a way to create absolutely original content and how it:
- Is an important part of the content marketer's writing process
- Separates your content from the pack of instant gratification seekers
- Gives your content more perspective and depth
- Earns valuable links and citations from major media sources
- Delivers unparalleled credibility and authority
The episode features discussions of three great examples:
- The overwhelming deal-breaker for dating
- A project Andy describes as a "brilliant case study in repurposing" (and is realizing ridiculous reach)
- Buzzsumo and Moz research, which reveals the two types of content that earn the most shares and linkis
In the cheese and mousetraps segment...
- An efficient strategy for using research you DIDN'T do
- A 5-minute hack for finding the highway through your website where you place the billboards to catapult conversion
Click-worthy comments from the show
You may want to dig deeper into some of the stuff we discussed:
- Orbit Media's business blogger research: 2014 and 2015
- The debut of the "Serious Bloggers" infographic on Copyblogger
- Orbit's blogger research on SlideShare
- Content marketing research by Buzzsumo and Moz
Next on Content Matters: Visual marketing matters
Join us as we record the program on Blab. Subscribe via iTunes. And please leave a review if you love our program.
Follow Barry Feldman on Twitter