Amazon has been highlighted as the number one brand when it comes to customer service. Earlier this year Temkin asked 6000 consumers to rate their customer experience and Amazon came out top with 81% rating them 'good' or 'excellent'.
How do they do it? Well, there are no 'magical answers', but, for what it's worth, here's what I think - 5 simple 'lessons' we can all learn from them:
- Is 'Easy To Buy From' - Although there's an incredible array of goods, the thing you need is easy to find and the process of ordering and buying it is pain free too
- 'Delight' You - They deliver things before the date advertised and keep you updated about progress
- 'Humanizes' Things - Those emails that keep you informed and tell you what's going on don't appear 'robotised'
- 'Remembers' You - They know what you bought last time, they 'make recommendations' and 'personalise' the experience.
- 'Does It Consistently' Day in, day out.......That's the key bit!!!!
These are all 'simple' things I know - not simple I suspect for a $34 billion business, but if they can do it, then surely there's hope for us all!
What's your business like at:
- Being Easy To Buy From? - Having customer focused people, systems and processes that allow customers to get information, make choices and buy stuff!!!
- Delighting Your Customers? - Surprising them with the level of service you provide and going the 'extra mile' to exceed their expectations
- Being 'Human' - showing the 'personal touch' in everything you do (even in 'Accounts'!)
- Engaging with customers - keeping in touch, 'adding value', sending them useful stuff and ideas, getting them to come back and remembering them when they do!
- Doing It Consistently - getting everyone in your business focused on this stuff, and recognising and rewarding those that do it well!
Why not find out how you can do it? Not sure how? There must be some books on Amazon about it!!!!