There's more evidence that customers want the same stuff when it comes to customer service, regardless of where or how they buy!
A recent survey highlighted here shows that in terms of support, online customers want:
- The ability to track shipments with a computer or mobile device
- Online customer service chat or instant messaging
- Videos that explain installation and assembly
I can't help thinking that's no difference from the factors that I talk about in 'traditional' ('old fashioned'?') ways of doing things:
- Being kept informed of progress and delivery
- Dialogue with people who know their stuff
- Being easy to buy from and deal with
The impact of excellent customer service is evident too - the research also highlighted that 31% of customers purchase more from retailers after a positive shopping customer experience.
Some things never change! Whether you are doing business online or offline, be easy to buy from and strive to 'delight' your customers!
You know it makes sense (or should that be 'youknowitmakessense.com'?)