If you're an Outlook user and a Twitterer, you're going to love this. Now, you can stay updated with Twitter inside Outlook using a lightweight app called OutTwit. (cute name, huh)
OutTwit comes from TechHit, a company that makes utilities and add-ons for Microsoft Outlook.
Here's the blurb...
If you are an Outlook user, you probably have it open all the time. Now you can update your Twitter status and follow your friends without having to open any other applications. OutTwit seamlessly integrates Twitter into Outlook.
I've added it and, let me tell you, it's sweeeet! Now, I can spend all day on Twitter and have it look (to my boss) as if I'm actually checking and responding to email. (I'm sure I can get away with that for at least a week before I'm caught. Never know!)
Here are some of the features built into the application:
- Update your Twitter status directly from Outlook.
- Receive your friend updates as Outlook messages.
- Configurable new message check interval.
- Assign custom categories to new messages.
- Shorten URLs with tinyurl.
- Archive, manage and search your tweets the same way you manage your email.
- Automatically sort new tweets into per-sender folders.
- See graphs of your Twitter usage statistics (new in version 0.3).
The company is just introducing the app and is very interested in hearing from users. So, give it a shot and let them know what you think.
Link to original post