As the leading image curation site on the web, Pinterest has proven to be a top-tier social networking platform for small and large businesses. It's also a leading site for converting followers into buyers. Given this, it also goes without saying that it's important to optimize your brand profile on Pinterest in order to make it the most appealing and engaging representation of your company and its products.
When creating your Pinterest profile, there are a number of elements to consider. Pinterest Marketing expert Julie Grandbois has put together an extensive guide on the top 10 Pinterest Profile Must-Haves.
Here are a few key statistics on the influence of Pinterest on marketing and customer relationships:
- There are about 70 Million total users on Pinterest
- 80% of those users are women
- 81% of U.S. online consumers trust the information and advice that they receive from Pinterest (this includes a lot of information that is outlined infographic designs)
- Pinterest referrals spend 70% more than visitors referred from non-social channels
- Pinterest buyers spend more money, more often and on more items than any of the other top 5 social media sites
On average, Pinterest generates about 4x more revenue per click than Twitter and 27% more per click than Facebook - so if you're serious about upping your Pinterest game, the best thing you can do is to optimize your profile. Reference the infographic below, and consider it a step-by-step on how to make your profile stand out among the rest.
This infographic design was created using the online infographic software Venngage.
Statistics sourced from Customer Insights Group.