I'm the Director of Emerging Technologies on the SAS Best Practices team, a thought leadership organization at SAS Institute. While hot topics like 3D printing and self-driving cars keep me giddy, my current focus is on big data, privacy, and the Internet of Things - the hype, the reality and the journey. I jumped on the technology fast track 30 years ago, starting with Digital Equipment Corporation. Yes, this was before the internet was born and the sci fi of yesterday became the reality of today.
16 ARTICLES BY Tamara Dull
- July 27, 2015 It's Your Life, Starring Your Data
- July 8, 2015 Is Privacy Dead? And the Survey Says
- June 17, 2015 The Data Lake: A More Balanced Perspective
- May 25, 2015 A Big Data Cheat Sheet: What Executives Want to Know
- May 13, 2015 What's Up with Big Data? Let's Look at the Trends
- March 11, 2015 You May Not Be as Anonymous as You Think
- Feb. 11, 2015 PII, Anonymized Data, and Big Data Privacy
- Feb. 4, 2015 From "Can You Hear Me Now?" to #KimsDataStash
- Nov. 12, 2014 Are You Sweeping Big Data Privacy Under the Carpet? 5 Things to Do Instead
- Nov. 5, 2014 Are You Kidding Me, Facebook? Oh, You Got It Right
- Nov. 3, 2014 Where Do You Draw the Line Between Relevancy and Privacy?
- Oct. 27, 2014 Big Data Privacy Is About You, Me, Them, and Us
- Oct. 22, 2014 A Cautionary Tale: Are You Clicking Your Privacy (or the Privacy of Others) Away?
- Oct. 20, 2014 Whose Story Are You Telling?
- Oct. 15, 2014 Dear Facebook, It's Not You, It's Us
- Oct. 13, 2014 We're Traveling at the Speed of Cool to Creepy