Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
20 Ideas for Engaging Social Media Content
Posted on July 1st 2013
Content is what drives people to surf Facebook, play videos on YouTube and subscribe to blogs. The more engaging the content, the more likely it is to be shared.
1. Formal interviews which are arranged in advance with prepared Q&A
2. Casual impromptu video interviews
3. Presentations either in part or full and full edited or unedited
4. Videos of products that show how they can be used
5. “How To” videos that instruct and teach
6. Get people’s feedback or comments about your product, service or store. This will provide authentic and real testimonials that money cannot buy.
7. Share PowerPoint and open office presentations privately with colleagues and clients
8. Share publicly with the world
9. Publish documents from MSOffice, OpenOffice and iWorks
10. Upload PDF’s that educate and inform
11. Images with creative designs that visually present a concept
12. Photos from events demonstrate active participation in your industry and can provide high credibility through association
13. Images that display your products or services with all their details and features
14. Appropriate photos of your staff at work and outside the office will provide a personal insight
15. White papers – Typically topical reports that are generally 8-12 pages in length
16. eBooks – Can be 20-100 pages in length and can be free (in the short form) and maybe sold in the longer format. Presents complex information that is visually attractive
17. Case Studies – Customer and readers love case studies that validate strategies and tactics. They are typically 1-2 pages long, with the narrative structure of a story and are based upon real life events.
18. Enewsletter – It can be purely text based or you can create HTML formats that includes images, links and optimized for a social web making it easy for people to share with their friends
19. Podcasts – Pre-recorded presentations either by one person or a goup that discuss on a topic that educates and solves problems for your listeners
20. Live on-line radio shows with interviews of experts
image: social media/shutterstock