- Content Marketing
When Your Customers Become Your Contributors: Brand Journalism Meets TraditionalGoogle Is Changing the Close Variant Matching Option in AdWordsBefore You Invest in Online Advertising, Do This!Native Advertising: The New New Thing or a Race to the Bottom? [VIDEO]
Technology & Data
Data and Creativity at the Social Shake Up: Defining Your Data-Driven Social CampaignTalking Strategy and Data with Shannon Lee of Precision StrategiesNew IBM Study Reveals 3 Key Characteristics of the Most Successful CompaniesMinority Report: Confronting Privacy Issues in Big Data Gathering
- Tech & Innovation
- marketing automation
Social Startups: Moment.me Captures a 360-Degree View of The Social Shake-Up 2014Hootsuite Partners With Syracuse University to Bring Social Media Savvy to College StudentsThe Best Hyperlapse VideosThe Best Content Moderation Tools for Busy People Who Don't Have Time for That
Social Change Agent Survey: Passion, Skill Set, and Persistence Lead to Career GrowthThe Social Shake-Up Attracts Wide Breadth of Brands and IndustriesThe Social Shake-Up: How CMOs Drive Innovation and Revenue GrowthThe Social Shake-Up: The Future of Social Business
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Recap from the First-Ever Employee Advocacy SummitFormer IBM Senior Advisors Launch Brands Rising to Build Employee Advocacy ProgramsPerformance and Risk Management Through Social Media TrainingEmployee Advocacy Summit: Advocate Stories from the Field
- Customer Service
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
20 Ideas for Engaging Social Media Content
Posted on July 1st 2013
Content is what drives people to surf Facebook, play videos on YouTube and subscribe to blogs. The more engaging the content, the more likely it is to be shared.
1. Formal interviews which are arranged in advance with prepared Q&A
2. Casual impromptu video interviews
3. Presentations either in part or full and full edited or unedited
4. Videos of products that show how they can be used
5. “How To” videos that instruct and teach
6. Get people’s feedback or comments about your product, service or store. This will provide authentic and real testimonials that money cannot buy.
7. Share PowerPoint and open office presentations privately with colleagues and clients
8. Share publicly with the world
9. Publish documents from MSOffice, OpenOffice and iWorks
10. Upload PDF’s that educate and inform
11. Images with creative designs that visually present a concept
12. Photos from events demonstrate active participation in your industry and can provide high credibility through association
13. Images that display your products or services with all their details and features
14. Appropriate photos of your staff at work and outside the office will provide a personal insight
15. White papers – Typically topical reports that are generally 8-12 pages in length
16. eBooks – Can be 20-100 pages in length and can be free (in the short form) and maybe sold in the longer format. Presents complex information that is visually attractive
17. Case Studies – Customer and readers love case studies that validate strategies and tactics. They are typically 1-2 pages long, with the narrative structure of a story and are based upon real life events.
18. Enewsletter – It can be purely text based or you can create HTML formats that includes images, links and optimized for a social web making it easy for people to share with their friends
19. Podcasts – Pre-recorded presentations either by one person or a goup that discuss on a topic that educates and solves problems for your listeners
20. Live on-line radio shows with interviews of experts
image: social media/shutterstock