Content Discovery Smackdown: Hootsuite vs. Buffer vs. KloutContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the Platform7 Website Tips to Attract More Shoppers to Your PagesHow eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
2013 1H Conferences in Social Media, BI, Big Data, and Sentiment Applications
Posted on December 19th 2012
As a sometime conference organizer, I need to track events that will compete for the attention of my target audience. The competition consists of conferences internationally, or focused conferences in or near the New York region (where my next Sentiment Analysis Symposium will take place in New York, on May 7-8, 2013), in areas related to or applying sentiment analysis or more general business intelligence technologies.
Why not share what I’ve found with others? I’ll be attending a number of the following events myself, and those who will find sufficient value in my event will attend it regardless of the competition. If you can think of a conference I’ve missed that belongs on my list – that is, with significant market presence, beyond local workshops – please drop me a line and I’ll track it.
So here goes — six months of social media / market research / customer experience / BI conferences — late January to July, 2013:
- SIIA Information Industry Summit, January 30-31, New York,http://www.siia.net/iis/2013/
- O’Reilly Tools of Change, February 12-14, New York,http://www.toccon.com/toc2013
- O’Reilly Strata, February 26-28, Santa Clara,http://strataconf.com/strata2013
- AMA Analytics with Purpose: The Human Edge of Big Data, March 4-5, San Diego, http://www.marketingpower.com/Calendar/Pages/analytics-with-purpose-the-human-edge-of-big-data.aspx
- SXSW Interactive 2013, March 8-12, Austin, http://lanyrd.com/2013/sxsw-interactive/
- ARF 59th Annual Convention: Re:Think 2012, March 17-20, New York,http://my.thearf.org/source/ANNUAL/event.cfm?EVENT=THINK_13
- Gartner BI & Analytics Summit, March 18-20, Grapevine, Texas,http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/na/business-intelligence/
- eMetrics, March 18-21, Toronto, http://www.emetrics.org/toronto/
- kapow.wow user summit, March 19-11, San Francisco, http://www.kapow-wow.com/
- GigaOm Structure:Data, March 20-21, New York,http://event.gigaom.com/structuredata/
- Predictive Analytics World, March 20-21, Toronto,http://www.predictiveanalyticsworld.com/
- Passover, March 25 evening-April 2.
- AMA Social Media 201: Philadelphia, April 3-4, Philadelphia,http://www.marketingpower.com/Calendar/Pages/social-media-201-philadelphia.aspx
- QlikView Qonnections, April 7-10, The Bahamas, http://www.qlikview.com/us/landing/qonnections-2013
- Social Media Marketing World 2013, April 7-9, San Diego,http://lanyrd.com/2013/social-media-marketing-world/
- MarkLogic World, April 8-13, Las Vegas, http://marklogicworld.com/
- eMarketing, April 9-10, San Francisco,http://www.emarketingassociation.com/2013/
- PASS Business Analytics, April 10-12, Chicago, http://passbaconference.com/
- International Linguistic Association, April 12-14, New York,http://ilaword.org/site/annual-conference/
- Predictive Analytics World + eMetrics + Text Analytics World, April 14-19, San Francisco, http://www.predictiveanalyticsworld.com/
- Cloud & Big Data Conference, April 16-17, Seattle,http://www.btssummit.com/event/seattle2013
- GigaOm paidContent, April 17, New York,http://event.gigaom.com/paidcontent/
- Clarabridge Customer Connections, April 17-19, San Diego,http://www.cvent.com/events/clarabridge-customer-connections-c3-/event-summary-94d9d3f677914161b5d6971662f0822c.aspx
- Social Media Strategy, April 23-24, Chicago, http://lanyrd.com/2013/social-media-strategy-summit-chicago/
- Bloomberg Enterprise Technology Summit, April 24, New York,http://www.bloomberglink.com/event/tech-2013/
- IBM Impact 2013, April 28-May 3, Las Vegas,http://www.ibmsystemsmag.com/mainframe/events/IBM-Impact-2013-(1)/
- SOCAP Spring Symposium, April 28-May 1, New Orleans,http://www.socap.org/ConferencesEvents/FutureMeetings.aspx
- Digital Content NewFronts, April 29–May 3, New York,http://www.iab.net/digitalcontentnewfronts
- Gartner Portals, Content & Collaboration Summit, April 29-May 1, San Diego,http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/na/portals/
- Bloomberg Washington Summit, April 30, Washington DC,http://www.bloomberglink.com/event/bloomberg-washington-summit/
- Gartner Customer 360 Summit, May 1-3, San Diego,http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/na/customer-360/
- TDWI World Conference, May 5-10, Chicago,http://tdwi.org/calendar/2013/05/chicago-world-conference-big-data-tipping-point.aspx
- Interop, May 6-10, Las Vegas, http://interop.com/lasvegas
- EMC World 2013, May 6-9, Las Vegas, http://www.emcworld.com/
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium, May 7-8, New York, http://sentimentsymposium.com/
- NetSuite World, May 13-16, San Jose,http://www.netsuite.com/portal/press/events/nsw/main.shtml
- SAP Saphire Now + ASUG, May 14-16, Orlando,http://www.sapandasug.com/
- Shavuot, May 14 evening to May 16.
- Internet Week New York, May 20-27, https://www.internetweekny.com/
- Enterprise Search Summit, May 21-22, New York,http://www.enterprisesearchsummit.com/Spring2013/
- Semantic Tech & Business Conference, June 2-5, San Franciscohttp://semtechbizsf2013.semanticweb.com/
- Informatica World 2013, June 4-7, Las Vegashttps://community.informatica.com/community/informatica_world/informatica_world_2013
- AMA Advanced Research Techniques (ART) Forum, June 9-12, Chicago,http://www.marketingpower.com/Calendar/Pages/2013-art-forum-chicago.aspx
- Search Marketing Expo (SMX), June 11-12, Seattle,http://searchmarketingexpo.com/advanced/
- Predictive Analytics World + eMetrics, June 10-13, Chicago,http://www.predictiveanalyticsworld.com/
- Corporate Social Media Summit, June 12-13, New York,http://usefulsocialmedia.com/newyork/index.php
- MRA Insights and Strategy, June 10-12, Orlando,http://www.marketingresearch.org/isc
- GigaOm Structure, June 19-20, San Francisco,http://event.gigaom.com/structure/
- International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, July 8-11, Boston,http://www.icwsm.org/2013/index.php
- INFORMS MARKETING SCIENCE CONFERENCE,http://www.informs.org/Attend-a-Conference/Conference-Calendar/INFORMS-Marketing-Science-Society-Conference-2013
- Gartner Catalyst Conference, July 29-August 1, San Diego,http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/na/catalyst/