The Worst Content Marketing Is What Everybody Else Is Doing: How to Get Ahead and Stay ThereContent Marketing Minds: Ingredients of the Tastiest Content [Nutrition Label]From the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustContent Marketing: Is 2014 Really Shaping Up to Be the Year of Video?
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the PlatformRise of Social Media in Ecommerce [INFOGRAPHIC]How eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
22 Easy-to-Implement Social Media Tactics for December
Posted on December 5th 2012
It’s December, and the countdown to holiday events and the New Year has begun. With fewer than 30 days left until 2013, here are 22 easy-to-implement social media tactics to use this December.
- Start a holiday-themed hashtag on Instagram and encourage your online audience to post pictures using it
- Create a fun holiday poll for your online fans and followers to take and share with friends
- Create an 8 Tracks or Spotify winter-themed music mix
- Update your Facebook cover photo to a festive or winter-themed image
- Create a Facebook Offer for the holidays. Here are 6 holiday-themed ideas for using Facebook offers
- Share exclusive content with your fans like a free eBook, whitepaper or infographic
- Create a Youtube Holiday playlist
- Start a holiday-themed board on Pinterest
- Share holiday recipes that your staffers like
- Ask users to share their favorite holiday memories
- Tweet out holiday song lyrics
- Re-design your Facebook thumbnails to incorporate a winter or holiday theme
- Re-design your company’s logo and use it as a new Facebook profile photo. Click here to see how we update ShortStack’s logo for each holiday
- Start a countdown to Christmas or the new year
- Host a Facebook contest like this Ugly Sweater contest by Tool Select
- Run holiday-themed Facebook ads to get current fans and non-fans involved with your contest
- Create a holiday gift guide featuring your business’s products
- Write a blog post saying thanks to your customers, fans and followers for their support
- Keep your fans up-to-date on your company’s philanthropic efforts
- Create a Facebook album of pictures from your business’s holiday party
- Upload short vlogs (video blogs) to your Youtube channel of employees saying what they’re grateful for this holiday season, or what they’re looking forward to most in 2013
- Host a daily Facebook giveaway contest like this “12 Days of Christmas Giveaway” by Donsuemor