- Content Marketing
When Your Customers Become Your Contributors: Brand Journalism Meets TraditionalGoogle Is Changing the Close Variant Matching Option in AdWordsBefore You Invest in Online Advertising, Do This!Native Advertising: The New New Thing or a Race to the Bottom? [VIDEO]
Technology & Data
Data and Creativity at the Social Shake Up: Defining Your Data-Driven Social CampaignTalking Strategy and Data with Shannon Lee of Precision StrategiesNew IBM Study Reveals 3 Key Characteristics of the Most Successful CompaniesMinority Report: Confronting Privacy Issues in Big Data Gathering
- Tech & Innovation
- marketing automation
Social Startups: Moment.me Captures a 360-Degree View of The Social Shake-Up 2014Hootsuite Partners With Syracuse University to Bring Social Media Savvy to College StudentsThe Best Hyperlapse VideosThe Best Content Moderation Tools for Busy People Who Don't Have Time for That
Social Change Agent Survey: Passion, Skill Set, and Persistence Lead to Career Growth#SocBizShakeUp: Sandy Carter at The Social Shake-UpThe Social Shake-Up: How CMOs Drive Innovation and Revenue GrowthThe Social Shake-Up: The Future of Social Business
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Recap from the First-Ever Employee Advocacy SummitFormer IBM Senior Advisors Launch Brands Rising to Build Employee Advocacy ProgramsPerformance and Risk Management Through Social Media TrainingEmployee Advocacy Summit: Advocate Stories from the Field
- Customer Service
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
22 Easy-to-Implement Social Media Tactics for December
Posted on December 5th 2012
It’s December, and the countdown to holiday events and the New Year has begun. With fewer than 30 days left until 2013, here are 22 easy-to-implement social media tactics to use this December.
- Start a holiday-themed hashtag on Instagram and encourage your online audience to post pictures using it
- Create a fun holiday poll for your online fans and followers to take and share with friends
- Create an 8 Tracks or Spotify winter-themed music mix
- Update your Facebook cover photo to a festive or winter-themed image
- Create a Facebook Offer for the holidays. Here are 6 holiday-themed ideas for using Facebook offers
- Share exclusive content with your fans like a free eBook, whitepaper or infographic
- Create a Youtube Holiday playlist
- Start a holiday-themed board on Pinterest
- Share holiday recipes that your staffers like
- Ask users to share their favorite holiday memories
- Tweet out holiday song lyrics
- Re-design your Facebook thumbnails to incorporate a winter or holiday theme
- Re-design your company’s logo and use it as a new Facebook profile photo. Click here to see how we update ShortStack’s logo for each holiday
- Start a countdown to Christmas or the new year
- Host a Facebook contest like this Ugly Sweater contest by Tool Select
- Run holiday-themed Facebook ads to get current fans and non-fans involved with your contest
- Create a holiday gift guide featuring your business’s products
- Write a blog post saying thanks to your customers, fans and followers for their support
- Keep your fans up-to-date on your company’s philanthropic efforts
- Create a Facebook album of pictures from your business’s holiday party
- Upload short vlogs (video blogs) to your Youtube channel of employees saying what they’re grateful for this holiday season, or what they’re looking forward to most in 2013
- Host a daily Facebook giveaway contest like this “12 Days of Christmas Giveaway” by Donsuemor