Technology & Data
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
How to Get Your Sales and Marketing Teams to Work in HarmonyContent Marketing for Midsized Companies: Whom to Target, What to CreateAtri Chatterjee of Act-On Software on the New Generation of MarketersMarketing Automation: What It Is and Why You Need to Know
- Social Tools
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
25 Amazing Pinterest Facts for Your Small Business
Posted on November 1st 2013
Undoubtedly the social star of 2013, Pinterest has quickly risen from a invite only, niche-centric platform to an industry leader your small business can’t afford to ignore. If you’ve had your reservations about investing in yet another social network, or perhaps simply need some Pinspiration, here are 25 amazing Pinterest facts that are sure to motivate you to optimize and engage this social network!
25 Amazing Pinterest Facts
1. Pinterest is now the third most popular social network (Tweet This)
2. Pinterest was the fastest social network to hit the 10 million visitor mark (Tweet This)
3. Shoppers referred to a site from Pinterest are 10% more likely to buy (Tweet This)
4. Pinterest referrals spend 70% more money than visitors referred from non-social channels (Tweet This)
5. Call-to-action pins increase Pinterest engagement by 80% (Tweet This)
6. Tutorials, Guides and & DIY Pins see a 42% higher click through rate (Tweet This)
7. Pins related to trending topics see an average of 94% increase in click throughs (Tweet This)
8. Pinterest has 85 million unique visitors each month (Tweet This)
9. 80% of Pinterest users are women, while 50% of all Pinterest users have children (Tweet This)
10. Total unique visitors to Pinterest has increased by 2,702.2% since May 2011 (Tweet This)
11. Over 80% of Pins are Repins (Tweet This)
12. The average Pinterest user has a household income over $100,000 (Tweet This)
13. The average order amount placed through Pinterest is $80 (Tweet This)
14. Pinterest reached 10 million users in 1/3 of the time it took Twitter to do the same (Tweet This)
15. The average US Pinterest user follows an average of 9 retailers on Pinterest (Tweet This)
16. 25% of Fortune Global 100 companies are on Pinterest (Tweet This)
17. Over 1/5 of Facebook users are on Pinterest (Tweet This)
18. Pinterest is the 16th most visited website in the United States (Tweet This)
19. The main demographic of Pinterest users range between the ages of 25 and 34, followed closely by those who are aged 35 to 44 (Tweet This)
20. The most popular pin categories are crafts, recipes and quotes (Tweet This)
21. The average user will spend just over 15 minutes on Pinterest per visit (Tweet This)
22. Pinterest attracts 1,090 visitors per minute (Tweet This)
23. Pins which include prices receive 36% more likes than those which do not (Tweet This)
24. Users spend 4.5 more time on Pinterest than Linkedin (Tweet This)
25. Pinterest drives more revenue per click for eCommerce sites than Facebook or Twitter (Tweet This)
(Sources: TheSocialSkinny, 10ALike, Wishpond, MachoArts, SearchEnginePeople)
We hope these awesome facts inspire your company to continuously put effort into your Pinterest social media strategy!