The Worst Content Marketing Is What Everybody Else Is Doing: How to Get Ahead and Stay ThereChoosing Tactics for Your Content MarketingFrom the Corn Field to the Digital Era: Content Marketing Starts with TrustWhere Is Content Marketing Headed? An Interview with Michael Brenner
Your Customers Aren’t Listening! How to Create Consumer Dialogue that Converts4 Tools for Nonprofit Social Listening and Reputation ManagementThe Promising Role of Social Listening in Treating Health IssuesThe Importance of Social Listening for Brands
- Public Relations
Facebook Testing a Way for Users to Buy Products on the PlatformRise of Social Media in Ecommerce [INFOGRAPHIC]How eCommerce, Augmented and Virtual Reality Will Redefine the Retail ExperienceSearch Query Analysis to Increase eCommerce Website Conversions
- Content Marketing
Technology & Data
Social Startups: Bizible Connects All the Dots from Marketing Contributions to RevenueCreating the Perfect Profile for Your Social Media Marketing EffortUsing GPS and Localization for Social AnalyticsAnalytics and Prospect Intel: Discovering Your Ideal Prospect
- Big Data
- Tech & Innovation
3 Security Risks You’re Taking Every Day While Using Social MediaShould the President Have the Power to "Pull the Plug" on the Internet?How Safe is Your WordPress Website From Hackers and Other Malicious Attacks?
- Software & Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Celebrating the Grand Re-Launch of Social Media Today! SBH Podcast Episode 8Why Should You Care If Your Employees Are Thought Leaders?Beyond Engagement: The Art of Managing Social-Media Risk in Employee Advocacy
Patient Opinion Leaders Are the New Healthcare InfluencersFive Online Community Types: Which One Does Yours Fit Into?Digital Communities: 5 Ways to Determine PurposeCelebrate Your Social Media Successes, but Don't Forget that Community Trust is the Key
Why All-in-One Social Media Management Systems Don't Cut It for Social Customer ServiceWhat You Should Know About Customer, Digital, and Contextual ExperienceSurging into Q3: How to Make It Better Than Q2Is How You Serve Your Customers Costing You Business?
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
33 Even More Fascinating Statistics That Will Fuel Your Marketing Strategy
Posted on June 20th 2014
- 8% of Internet users account for 85% of online display ad clicks. Tweet this!
- In 2013, 62% of emails were opened on a mobile device. Mobile is important. Tweet me!
- Brands that create an average of 15 blog posts per month, receive 1,200 new leads per month. Tweet this!
- 69% of content marketers feel a lack of time is their greatest challenge. Tell everyone this!
- More people own a mobile device than a toothbrush. Creepy or amazing? Tweet it!
- Grandparents are the fastest growing demographic on Twitter. Grandpa? Grandma? Tweet so you can tell them hello!
- According to trends, the larger the company, the more diverse the social media marketing support. Tweet this!
- 75% of the engagement on a Facebook post happens in the first 5 hours. Tweet, tweet!
- 40% of YouTube traffic comes from mobile. Tweet, tweet!
- 1 in 5 divorces is because of something on social media. Oooops! Tweet this to stop another divorce!
- Social media influences 93% of shoppers’ buying decisions. Tweet, tweet!
- Every month, there are more than 10.3 billion Google searches. How many of those searches are yours?
- The top 4 positions, those considered above the fold, receive 83% of first page organic clicks. Tweet, tweet!
- Nearly half of consumers say they won’t return to a website if it doesn’t load properly. Tweet, tweet!
- So far in 2014, one in four mobile phone users will redeem a coupon via mobile device. Tweet, tweet!
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing, and generates about 3 times as many leads. Wow!
- Interesting content is one of the top three reasons why the audience will follow a brand on social media. Tweet, tweet!
- Companies will active blogs receive 97% more leads. Show me the leads!
- By the end of 2014, mobile is predicted to surpass desktop Internet usage. Tweet, tweet!
- 20% of the search terms typed into Google have never been searched before. Tweet, tweet!
- Blog articles with images gather 94% more views. Utilizing images?
- Companies will less than 10 employees allocate 42% of their marketing budget to content. Tweet, tweet!
- 57% of marketers report custom content is their top marketing priority for 2014. Tweet, tweet!
- Consumers who receive email newsletters spend 82% more when they buy from the company. Tweet, tweet!
- Blogs give websites 434% more indexed pages. Tweet, tweet!
- 73% of business-to-business marketers are producing more content than they did a year ago. Tweet, tweet!
- One fourth of searches are conducted on mobile devices. Mobile, mobile!
- Companies that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those who don’t. Tweet, tweet!
- Content creation is linked as the single most effective search engine optimization technique. Tweet, tweet!
- Per dollar spent, content marketing generates more than 3 times the number of leads as paid search. Tweet, tweet!
- 70% of mobile searches lead to online action within an hour. Is your website mobile yet? Tweet your webdesigner!
- 46% of shoppers say they are less likely to shop around if they are using a company’s mobile app. Tweet, tweet!
- The average cost to generate a lead through inbound marketing ($140) is about half of the average for outbound marketing ($375). Cha-Ching!
If you looked at the world's populations, and included the world's social media platforms, the new world population breakdown would look something like this:
Is your guilty pleasure statistics now? They should be, because these numbers and percentages can and will fuel your marketing strategy.