4 Steps and 20 Tips for Successful Twitter Marketing
1) Choose a good Twitter handle
2) Make your profile look great
3) Create a killer (but descriptive) bio
1) Start following people and engaging with them
2) Start posting
3) Follow-back the people who follow you
4) Publicize your Twitter account
5) Create Twitter lists
1) Optimize the timing of your Tweets
2) Use hashtags efficiently
3) Keep your Tweets short
4) Tweet images too
5) Tweet multiple times a day
6) Automate and organize your Twitter marketing
7) Measure your success with analytic tools
1) Create a community around your brand
2) Create a good ratio of self-promoting to non-self-promoting Tweets
3) Make it easy for people to share your content
4) Host competitions
5) Be on top of your customer service
Tweet Your Way to Success
Jul 23 Posted 10 months ago Shopit4me
Great post. Thanks for this post, it is really interesting and useful.
Twitter is really a good way to promote your brand and business.
Jul 14 Posted 10 months ago StoreYa
Thanks for the kind words Ajay! Glad you enjoyed :-)
Jul 14 Posted 10 months ago Ajay Prasad
Very informative article! Yes Twitter is also very good platform to promote our business brand and services. These steps and tips are very helpful to boost our business on twitter. well written article. Twitter also connect us to our customers like never befor. Engage our followers with awesome tips. Thanks for valuable article.
June 16, 2015In the past two years, LinkedIn has become a must-do for brands, whether you love it or hate it, especially for B2B brands. But without a Linked...
June 02, 2015Brands have come to rely on social listening to determine what their customers want and what might be threatening the strength of the brand. Man...
May 14, 2015If you're starting from a clean slate when it comes to video marketing, this comprehensive ebook is for you. The Video Marketing Handbook co...
April 30, 2015Has your manager demanded to know your tweet-to-sales ratio? If you're on the front lines of social, you know that the ROI of social can be...