At Social Media Today we’re always working to bring you the latest insights into the world of social media marketing. Our newsletter can help deliver that directly to you daily.

5 Tools to Be More Efficient on Twitter

As much as I love Twitter it can sometimes really turn out to take up more of my time than it should. Here is a list of 5 amazing tools I am using which can help you to bring down your time spent, yet without trading in on the impact you are making:

1# Manageflitter – Get rid of some Twitter Noise

In order to get started on Twitter we have to follow people. There is nothing new about it here. Yet once you followed a large amount of people it can be quite hard to see clearly on your timeline again. This is where Manageflitter comes in.

It lets you easily unfollow all those Twitter users which make no sense for you to follow: The inactive ones, the ones that don’t follow you back or the loud mouths cluttering your stream.

The best bit:

Manageflitter’s UI is pretty awesome I like to believe. No signup process is in the way. Connect your Twitter, unfollow some and off you are on your way breathing a little easier.

Manageflitter

2# Buffer – Stop annoying your followers

Now, that you can breathe a little easier on Twitter the least thing you and I want to do is to clutter other people’s timelines.

This is where Buffer is super handy. It is a nifty App that allows you to add lots of tweets to your Buffer, which will be sent out for your well spaced out during the day. This means there is no hassle of scheduling individual tweets and you never overwhelm your followers with too much information at once.

The best bit:

You can add tweets to your Buffer from any page with one of the browser extensions (Chrome, Safari or Firefox), which makes it even simpler to put tweets in your Buffer.

3# Twoolr – Full analytics for your Twitter account

Although there exist lots of different Twitter Analytics tools out there Twoolr is definitely my favourite one. It gets a thumbs up for both UI and features

With Twoolr you can easily see usage trends emerging around your Twitter account as well as get an overview of your growth stats and handy word clouds for terms you use most within your Tweets.

Best bit:

Twoolr allows you to have customized community reports being sent straight to your inbox, which is a definite winner for anyone not wanting to go back to yet another account.

4# Tweriod – When are your followers online?

Tweriod is listed here as it is a minimal webapp that does one thing for you and it does it very well. It gives you two beautiful graphs showing you when your best times to tweet are.

The app takes all your past tweets as well as those sent by your followers and analyses them. It works out at which times of the day you can reach the most of your followers being active. You can then receive graphs showing this for both best days of the week and times during the day.

Best bit:

The best part about Tweriod is certainly the algorithm it is using. There exist plenty of other tools out there telling you “the best time to tweet”, yet Tweriod really goes one step further by analyzing your followers tweets too.

Tweriod

5# Twilert – Never lose track of your brand on Twitter

To explain Twilert in just one sentence: It is Google Alerts only set up for everything going on on Twitter.

In a very intuitive manner the App allows you to set up search terms you want to monitor and you will receive a daily report straight to your inbox at a set time each day. It has a slick interface and does what it says – solidly and reliably.

Best bit:

The best part is definitely Twilert’s advanced search option. You can set the language or specify which people talk about you. Or even determine which attitudes used should be monitored, such as “negative” positive” or “ask a question”.

twilert

Using these 5 tools helps me a great deal to bring up my efficiency, without trading in on the impact I am having. How about you? Do you think they could help you out too? Let me know below

Join The Conversation

• May 8 Posted 5 years ago Aaron Eden (not verified)

I'm one of your avid readers Leo from Social Media Examiner to Social Media Today! I really love all the tips you were sharing from both sites. You're one of my favorite author! Keep it up and I'm looking forward to more articles from you. Cheers!

• May 5 Posted 5 years ago Ed Han (not verified)

Leo, thanks, I was barely aware of Buffer, never mind the other tools you described. Thanks: I've lost a few followers due to my feast/famine stream volume.

• Leo Widrich's picture
    Apr 19 Posted 5 years ago Leo Widrich

Hi M James, awesome, so good to hear you find the post interesting.

As in this case it is an exclusive post for SocialMediaToday, but I would gladly write a guestpost for your site if you are interested.

Reach me l.widrich@googlemail.com or http://twitter.com/leowid on Twitter, I am sure we can work something out and get you a fresh post along the same lines ready soon! :)

• Apr 18 Posted 5 years ago M James (not verified)

Hi Leo great post, I wanted to see how I could get you post on our site. The impact would be amazing for our members!

M James

• Leo Widrich's picture
    Apr 18 Posted 5 years ago Leo Widrich

Lynn, thanks for commenting.

Oh yes, definitely go ahead and check them out.

Never heard about Twepe and will definitely have a look, TweetSpinner also sounds very interesting.

It's really great that I can learn so much about new tools in the comments, thanks again Lynn! :)

• Leo Widrich's picture
    Apr 18 Posted 5 years ago Leo Widrich

Nate, thanks a lot for your comment.

I am going to check out LinkReduce right away, this looks very interesting.

Never heard about TweetBig either and I think it can really come in handy.

Thanks for the heads up on these Tools Nate, much appreciated! :)

• Apr 17 Posted 5 years ago Nate Bean (not verified)

Right now I'm using three Twitter tools alot.

1.)  Buffer.  (Referenced above).  This is great service with a very nice UI.  Intuitive to use and allows you to share tweets without sending out a group of tweets all at once, while you are reviewing your rss feed and/or twitter stream.

2.)  http://LinkReduce.com  I enjoy the community part of Twitter but I also like going back to look at tweets with links.  This services saves tweets with links in them, plus you can filter the ones you do not want to see.  For example, if you don't want to see tweets about Gowalla, then you can filter those out of your stream.  It also has a RSS feed.  Simple but useful.

3.)  http://TweetBig.com  Also you to track your followers and find individuals you might want to follow based on keywords or who they are following.  Handy you are looking for more people to follow and/or followers.

• Leo Widrich's picture
    Apr 15 Posted 5 years ago Leo Widrich

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your comment.

Wow, that's great to hear, yes I totally agree Buffer saves a ton of time on Twitter yet you can remain a genuine personality. Glad you liked that.

Oh ok, that's an interesting one with Tweriod you are mentioning there. Yeah, well I believe most of tweets might be in real time, so the data is trustful. Distinguishing between the two things would definitely be a good thing.

Do you think overall there are more scheduled tweets than real time ones? I prefer to keep my ratio as such that my real time ones will always be more so it shouldnt skew Tweriod's data.

Awesome, yep give them a full spin, would love to hear what you think about them all :)

Thanks again for stopping by Daniel!

• Apr 14 Posted 5 years ago Lynn Brown (not verified)

Thanks Leo!  These sound to be very good tools for Twitter.  I will compare them to what I am using now which is:

TweetSpinner - I am managing up to 5 accounts, this software lets me set up rules for followers, DM messages, schedule tweets, purge those not following - and all done with proper timing so Twitter does not shut you down.

Twepe - I get an email whenever anyone Mentions, RT's, and I can reply right from the email. also receive reports on searches and get a summary report of new followers, unfollows and more.

• Apr 13 Posted 5 years ago Daniel Tanaka (not verified)

I recently started using Buffer and so far it's worked really well for me, really cutting down on the time used to schedule individual tweets.

I've used Tweriod also, but am not sure how reliable its data is. If the data is based on how many of your followers are tweeting at different times, if a lot people schedule their tweets with tools like Buffer or Hootsuite then the timing reccomendations would not be that useful. Do you know if Tweriod can distinguish scheduled tweets from real-time tweets?

Manageflitter and Twoolr sound pretty useful, I'll be sure to give them a try.Thanks for sharing!

Webinars On Demand