Twitter's Controversial Algorithm Changes: What They Mean for Your BusinessTwitter Vs. Facebook: Which One Is Better for Promoting Your Brand?3 Free Twitter Tools PR Pros Can't Live WithoutSocially Stephanie: Social Media for the Automotive Industry
Technology & Data
New IBM Study Reveals 3 Key Characteristics of the Most Successful CompaniesTalking Strategy and Data with Shannon Lee of Precision StrategiesHarnessing Mobile Users: The Power of Big Data in Social AppsMinority Report: Confronting Privacy Issues in Big Data Gathering
- Tech & Innovation
- marketing automation
- Social Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Recap from the First-Ever Employee Advocacy SummitFormer IBM Senior Advisors Launch Brands Rising to Build Employee Advocacy ProgramsPerformance and Risk Management Through Social Media TrainingEmployee Advocacy Summit: Advocate Stories from the Field
- Customer Service
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
5 Ways Your Company Can Use Social Media: Tools to Employ [INFOGRAPHIC]
Posted on October 13th 2013
Social Media for corporations, small businesses or startups is not just about “engagement”. It’s much broader than that – often including things like advertising, reputation management and customer service.
The Social Media Strategies Summit team does a great job of defining 5 areas that your company should be focusing on with regards to social media and provides various tool options for each.
5 Areas to Consider in Your Social Media Strategy
1) Social Listening
- Listening for conversations about your company, competitors or other topics of interest
- Social Listening / Social Media Monitoring tool recommendations include Meltwater Buzz and Social Mention
2) Social Conversation
- Finding and responding to conversations online – engaging with others in social media
- Social Conversation / Social Engagement tool options include Argyle Social and Hootsuite
3) Social Marketing
- Launching and running campaigns and promotions in social media
- Social Marketing tools include Buddy Media and Shortstack
4) Social Analytics
- Measuring and analyzing results of social media efforts across various platforms
- Social Analytics tools mentioned include Simply Measured and Sprout Social
5) Social Influencer
- Identifying and engaging with influencers that are relevant to your company or industry
- Social influencer tools include GroupHigh and Klout
Infographic via Social Media Strategies Summit
Which Social Media Tools does your company use?
So, which social media listening, engagement or analytics tools does your company use? What do you like most about that tool? Let us know in the comments.