- Content Marketing
Let's Measure Social Media ROI in a Way That Isn't StupidTo Grow Your Social Marketing Budget, Determining ROI Is a Critical Job SkillWe Need to Rethink Our Definition of Engagement
When Your Customers Become Your Contributors: Brand Journalism Meets TraditionalGoogle Is Changing the Close Variant Matching Option in AdWordsBefore You Invest in Online Advertising, Do This!Native Advertising: The New New Thing or a Race to the Bottom? [VIDEO]
Technology & Data
Social Change Agent Survey: Passion, Skill Set, and Persistence Lead to Career GrowthSandy Carter's 6 Social Business Lessons to Learn from Candy Crush5 Tips for Creating a Company Culture that Connects with Your Sweet Spot ClientsWhy Leadership Should Be a Collaborative Exercise
8 Internet User Statistics Every Small Business Should Know AboutIs Your Small Business Doing Content Marketing Wrong?5 Free and Effective Social Media Tools Perfect for Small Businesses
- Social Organization
Beyond Engagement: Why Advocacy Is Always About the PeopleFormer IBM Senior Advisors Launch Brands Rising to Build Employee Advocacy ProgramsPerformance and Risk Management Through Social Media TrainingEmployee Advocacy Summit: Advocate Stories from the Field
- Customer Service
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
50 Mobile Marketing Facts That Will Blow You Away [SLIDESHARE]
Posted on May 2nd 2013
Do you have a mobile website or app?
Not sure if you should invest in developing a mobile site or app?
Don’t think you need a mobile marketing strategy?
MOBILE! It is what everyone is talking about, and for a good reason. Smartphones and tablets have changed the way that business can, and should be, connecting with consumers.
Check out these 50 facts on mobile marketing in the presentation below by HubSpot, and see if you still think you have time to wait to develop your mobile marketing strategy. Here are the 10 facts I found most surprising:
- 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to an action, and over 50% lead to a purchase
- 70% of mobile online searches lead to an action within an hour, while 70% of desktop online searches lead to an action within a month
- Mobile ads perform 4 to 5 times better than traditional online ads
- 40% of tablet owners said they have looked up information on a show on their tablet while they were watching that same show
- 74% of smartphones users use their phones for shopping, and of that 79% make a purchase as a result of using their phones
- Mobile coupons have a redemption rate 10 times higher than that of print coupons
- 50% of smartphones users have bought a product on their phone
- 73% of smartphones users reported having used the mobile web to shop, instead of an app
- 60% of web users say they expect a mobile site to load on their phone in 3 seconds or less
- 95% smartphone users looked up local information, of that 61% called and 59% visited the business
Tick, tick, tick…..don’t waste anymore time putting off your mobile marketing strategy!