Twitter's Controversial Algorithm Changes: What They Mean for Your BusinessTwitter Vs. Facebook: Which One Is Better for Promoting Your Brand?3 Free Twitter Tools PR Pros Can't Live WithoutSocially Stephanie: Social Media for the Automotive Industry
Technology & Data
New IBM Study Reveals 3 Key Characteristics of the Most Successful CompaniesTalking Strategy and Data with Shannon Lee of Precision StrategiesHarnessing Mobile Users: The Power of Big Data in Social AppsMinority Report: Confronting Privacy Issues in Big Data Gathering
- Tech & Innovation
- marketing automation
- Social Tools
- Small Business
- Social Organization
Recap from the First-Ever Employee Advocacy SummitFormer IBM Senior Advisors Launch Brands Rising to Build Employee Advocacy ProgramsPerformance and Risk Management Through Social Media TrainingEmployee Advocacy Summit: Advocate Stories from the Field
- Customer Service
Join us September 15th in Atlanta for The Employee Advocacy Summit and learn how to unleash the power of your employees.
Post your event here and we'll share it with our community. If one of our members is featured, we'll promote as well on their profile.
- Marketplace & Webinars
The SMT Marketplace
Your resource for exclusive content and insights from Social Media Today, and opportunities to reach our community of professionals.
The Social Business Book Club brings you books, discussions, and insights from today's to business thought leaders.
Join interactive talks and and panel discussions with leading thinkers and practitioners on social media and networked business, or browse the catalogue of recorded sessions - all completely free.
Reach Social Media Today's community of marketing and communications professionals in an editor-approved context with a native advertising package.
50 Mobile Marketing Facts That Will Blow You Away [SLIDESHARE]
Posted on May 2nd 2013
Do you have a mobile website or app?
Not sure if you should invest in developing a mobile site or app?
Don’t think you need a mobile marketing strategy?
MOBILE! It is what everyone is talking about, and for a good reason. Smartphones and tablets have changed the way that business can, and should be, connecting with consumers.
Check out these 50 facts on mobile marketing in the presentation below by HubSpot, and see if you still think you have time to wait to develop your mobile marketing strategy. Here are the 10 facts I found most surprising:
- 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to an action, and over 50% lead to a purchase
- 70% of mobile online searches lead to an action within an hour, while 70% of desktop online searches lead to an action within a month
- Mobile ads perform 4 to 5 times better than traditional online ads
- 40% of tablet owners said they have looked up information on a show on their tablet while they were watching that same show
- 74% of smartphones users use their phones for shopping, and of that 79% make a purchase as a result of using their phones
- Mobile coupons have a redemption rate 10 times higher than that of print coupons
- 50% of smartphones users have bought a product on their phone
- 73% of smartphones users reported having used the mobile web to shop, instead of an app
- 60% of web users say they expect a mobile site to load on their phone in 3 seconds or less
- 95% smartphone users looked up local information, of that 61% called and 59% visited the business
Tick, tick, tick…..don’t waste anymore time putting off your mobile marketing strategy!